Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Valet Mode

Hunter55

I'm dropping my car off to get ceramic coated tomorrow, so I decided I'm going to put the car in Valet mode, to prevent any shenanigans. I was playing around with it, and it looks like all I can do is activate or deactivate it. So, with it activated, the max speed is set to 85mph. I'm not sure which valet needs an 85mph speed limit, but is there any way to change this that I'm missing? This should have been set to like 45mph max. It also says the acceleration is decreased, but I haven't found that to be the case; perhaps that's not applicable for the manuals.

I don't think you can customize valet mode.

Keep in mind valet mode also prevents the trunk from being opened. You detailer may need to open it to get at all the areas around the trunk lid maybe. I was going to leave mine in valet mode for the same reasons as you, but decided against it in case they needed to access the trunk opening.

I left all my PDR and surround recorders going though, so if they do something crazy, I should hopefully at least know about it.

There are a few teen driver speed limits which seem different from Valet. This is from the manual for a 4:

Teen Driver Speed Limiter : Limits the maximum speed of the vehicle. When the speed limiter is turned on and the vehicle is started with a Teen Driver key, the DIC displays a message that the top speed is limited. On certain vehicles, when the Speed Limiter is turned ON, the vehicle’s maximum acceleration will be limited. The DIC will display a message that the acceleration is limited.

Teen Driver Speed Warning : Allows the speed warning to be turned on or off. Touch Set Teen Driver Speed Warning to set the warning speed.

Set Teen Driver Speed Warning : Displays a warning in the DIC when exceeding a selectable speed. Choose the desired speed warning level. The speed warning does not limit the speed of the vehicle

The limiter still doesn't seem to be a setting you can change so maybe it's the same thing, but you could set the speed warning to 45. What's nice is there is a report card that gives you distance driven, max speed, wide open throttle counts, etc.

I wonder if you could turn both on, valet and teen driver at the same time. I'm still in the black hole so can't confirm.

I don't think you can customize valet mode.

Keep in mind valet mode also prevents the trunk from being opened. You detailer may need to open it to get at all the areas around the trunk lid maybe. I was going to leave mine in valet mode for the same reasons as you, but decided against it in case they needed to access the trunk opening.

I left all my PDR and surround recorders going though, so if they do something crazy, I should hopefully at least know about it.
I hadn't considered the trunk issue, good point. I may just activate Teen driver on my spare key fob and give that to them in that case.

Make note of mileage, No reason for any if just PPE and Ceramic applied. Also ask the Manager if your car will be driven.
After what happened with that guys C8 which was taken for a 147mph joy ride while in for service., I will NEVER trust anyone in my car whether I get my C8 or Blackwing.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back