Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Valet destroys a CT5 Blackwing

I parked mine in a valet area last week. Before I could find the attendants, they flagged me down. Then he got into my car - which i was very curious to see if he could drive a car with a clutch - and he moved it about 1 foot closer to the car in front of me, and stopped. I was very happy they left it right where I wanted it !!

I was at Spring Mountain with Joe. He’s on this forum.

This is one of my worst nightmares. I avoid valets whenever possible, but sometimes you can't. Good luck finding a nice hotel in a city like NY or DC without needing to valet.

Feel bad for Joe and hope he is made whole.

I have said it before and will again. I never valet a vehicle. I'm fine walking from far, in rain, could care less. Valeting a Blackwing or really nice car? Absolutely never.

Yes, hotels in DC won’t let you park or even go into their garage. Yes I’d be getting a lawyer on this asap. Sounds like his car is totaled.

Hate to see this - I fully expected it to be a valet joy riding but doesn’t appear to be the case, just a bad decision trying to make any-turn across traffic

I have said it before and will again. I never valet a vehicle. I'm fine walking from far, in rain, could care less. Valeting a Blackwing or really nice car? Absolutely never.
Sometimes you don't really have a choice. I'm the type of person who scopes out parking situations on Google Maps before driving somewhere new and I'll go to great lengths to avoid street parking or valeting if at all possible. But even then sometimes you need to valet. My wife and I have taken a few road trips where one hotel out of a two or three week trip will be valet only. In that case, I give the valet a handful of $20s, explain to him very clearly to be careful with the car and he'll get tipped well again when it's back in my possession safely.

What I did like on my old AMG was the valet project feature, where you could basically put a geofence around the car and be alerted if the car left it and when it was turned on and off. Not sure if the Blackwings have any sort of similar feature, but it does put you at ease a bit.

Sometimes you don't really have a choice. I'm the type of person who scopes out parking situations on Google Maps before driving somewhere new and I'll go to great lengths to avoid street parking or valeting if at all possible. But even then sometimes you need to valet. My wife and I have taken a few road trips where one hotel out of a two or three week trip will be valet only. In that case, I give the valet a handful of $20s, explain to him very clearly to be careful with the car and he'll get tipped well again when it's back in my possession safely.

What I did like on my old AMG was the valet project feature, where you could basically put a geofence around the car and be alerted if the car left it and when it was turned on and off. Not sure if the Blackwings have any sort of similar feature, but it does put you at ease a bit.
There’s always a choice. I just don’t take my 5BW into those situations. I used to drive my Mercedes to LA for extended work trips, about trip number 3 an idiot hit my bumper in the hotel parking lot. Having lived in LA for 15 years it wasn’t unexpected as every vehicle I’ve had out there got banged up. But the Blackwing is different and it won’t be going to LA as long as I own it.

No comments about the Gen 3 style hood vent? Love how the guy is wearing his V Blackwing shirt, a true enthusiast.

Hopefully he is made whole and can get another one without a huge wait. When I drive to the city I park in the one garage I can find that does NOT have a valet.

No comments about the Gen 3 style hood vent? Love how the guy is wearing his V Blackwing shirt, a true enthusiast.

Hopefully he is made whole and can get another one without a huge wait. When I drive to the city I park in the one garage I can find that does NOT have a valet.
First thing I noticed.

Hood looks badass. Where do I get one?

Feel bad for Joe and hope he is made whole.

Most valets can't drive stick well enough or at all. I feel for this guy what a nightmare.

Similar thing happened to me at Lexus of Palatine. I bought the car on a friday night, Monday afternoon a tech test drove my ls400 and some guy in a plow truck t-boned it into a ditch. Bent axle it was totalled.

There is a "valet" feature on the 5. I'd have to get the book out to what it does, etc.

When I got back from the dealer yesterday, I checked my HD surround recorder to see if anyone had any fun. I'm pleased to say no shenanigans.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back