Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

V-Performance Academy

ejo

Seasoned Member
How many of you all have participated in the driving school at Spring Mountain? I am not really on the fence about it, but I think I read that it would be our responsibility to get the vehicle to the track. That's nearly 5k miles round trip for me, so I'm debating having the car shipped, but that is also unfamiliar territory.

Ideally, I am hoping that they'll just allow us to utilize a 3rd generation CTS-V or an ATS-V rather than deal with getting my car across the country. I dont think that has been mentioned as an option, however. It wouldn't be the same as using my car, but it would certainly simplify the process anyways.

Curious to hear everyone's thoughts/opinions.

How many of you all have participated in the driving school at Spring Mountain? I am not really on the fence about it, but I think I read that it would be our responsibility to get the vehicle to the track. That's nearly 5k miles round trip for me, so I'm debating having the car shipped, but that is also unfamiliar territory.

Ideally, I am hoping that they'll just allow us to utilize a 3rd generation CTS-V or an ATS-V rather than deal with getting my car across the country. I dont think that has been mentioned as an option, however. It wouldn't be the same as using my car, but it would certainly simplify the process anyways.

Curious to hear everyone's thoughts/opinions.
They provide the cars. Current model Blackwings to my understanding. You’re responsible for your own transportation there and back home.

They provide the cars. Current model Blackwings to my understanding. You’re responsible for your own transportation there and back home.
Ah thats a major relief for me then. Happy I just had that mixed up. I'll definitely be booking a flight for that then.

Thanks for the clarification.

If you have the opportunity to do it, don’t miss out. It’s such an awesome and fun experience. I hope it’s also offered to us post 250 folks, I’d love to do it again.

If you have the opportunity to do it, don’t miss out. It’s such an awesome and fun experience. I hope it’s also offered to us post 250 folks, I’d love to do it again.
If it's just going to require me paying for a flight to Vegas and rental car to the track, I'm definitely going to take advantage of it. Slightly nervous about my lack of track experience, but im sure the instructors will take that into account.

The Cadillac V Club has an event scheduled in September (one day) for members to go and drive the Blackwings at Spring Mountain, so with that being said I'm hoping they will already have the "track cars" there and ready for the regular 2 day school..
That's a nice perk. I bet they'll have the track Blackwings ready by then, but they may reserve any extra semi-conductors for other orders at this point.

My distance from local chapters has kept me at bay from joining the V-Club, but it does sound like it still offers value for the purchase.

The Cadillac V Club has an event scheduled in September (one day) for members to go and drive the Blackwings at Spring Mountain, so with that being said I'm hoping they will already have the "track cars" there and ready for the regular 2 day school..
I usually think of myself as a very patient person and typically this wouldn't bother me but the anticipation for this car is actually getting to my head. I read this post and immediately thought, is my BW5 going to get pushed out of line for a few track cars? I'd assume the track will only take a few, less than 10. That said, the delays in production shouldn't be extreme. Then I thought what if production only has so many chips left. Does the track get priority over me? I would completely understand if they do but I WANT MY CAR!!! Never ordered a car before and just over excited I guess..

Well, we know that the 1st 250 of each are being given priority and for that, I'm grateful. For a little perspective, that plant builds all of the Camaro variants and all of both of the Blackwing's sister variants as well. A lot of 2021 orders have been cancelled and there is a need to both build custom orders as well as inventory orders.

I cant wait to go. I told my wife as soon as the winter starts knocking we are planing to go. I am very excited to go and look forward to meeting amazing, like minded people, couples, pets you name it lol.... ok came out wrong but I miss being around V anything after all the lockdowns lol.

Last edited:
Can't wait to go. This will be my fifth or sixth trip to Spring Mountain on GM and I always enjoy it. I usually bring my wife in early Spring so she can enjoy a break from the cold back East and then tack on a couple extra days in Vegas before heading home.

I went there a few years ago. All I had to pay for is the flight. They provided a limo from the airport to the track. Great experience even gave us a complementary CT6 to drive around town. Hopefully they offer the same for the BWs.

I went there a few years ago. All I had to pay for is the flight. They provided a limo from the airport to the track. Great experience even gave us a complementary CT6 to drive around town. Hopefully they offer the same for the BWs.
They no longer offer the ground transportation or car to drive while you’re there. I am had to rent a car but it was still worth it.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back