Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V Transporting bikes within.

Cadillac CT4-V model

dstewart51

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
23' CT4V-BW
Anyone fit a bike in the back of your CT4v yet? Fold the seats down, fit the bike in via the truck or just remove the wheels and use wheel bags? If so, road bike or mountain bike? I cycle a few times a week, I know Ill have no issue transporting my road bike, at the most just need remove the wheels and put them in some wheel bags. Same with my mountain bike, definently will need to remove the wheels and bag it.

Just curious if others have done so and maybe has a photo a bike in the back to share.

Thanks!

Not inside, but I've been using a Seasucker and it works just as well as it did on prior cars.

Road bike, don't have pics on my Caddy but here it is on my Alfa. Done multiple highway road trips at... proper highway speed and no issues at all.

Goes on in 5 mins and comes off even quicker. Avoids having to permanently mount a rack. Might be worth a look.

Attachments

• 20220501_100403.jpg
    20220501_100403.jpg
    13.6 MB · Views: 149
Thanks Matt, just have a hard time putting a $12K bike on suction cups if you know what I mean. Then I do worry a bit about marring the paint under the cups. I do intend to PPF the car so that should help.

But this is a real option!

Attachments

• IMG_9760.jpeg
    IMG_9760.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 112
Sweet ride! And I totally understand it. I was apprehensive myself at first with a much cheaper bike.

One note - I don't think it will work on PPF. My car has high impact areas done so only the front of the roof (with ceramic everywhere).

Re: paint marring, I haven't noticed any on either car. I use a quick detail spray/microfiber wipe on the area where the cups go so it's always clean before locking the cups on there.

After watching a dozen reviews on the Seasuckers, and trying to find a single instance where one has failed (not found one yet), I am reluctantly convinced they are good. Which is great, I can now plan to haul a pair of bikes. But Ill have to keep in mind I wont be able to lock them up on the car should I need to leave them on the roof, for a beer after a ride.

If you do go with the Seasucker you'll probably want to forgo PPFing the roof. They have a warning against wraps or films. If you wipe down the roof where the cups go as well as clean/put the cups away when not in use then you won't have issues with the paint.

Thank you Matt! Do you tie up your crank to keep it from rotating around and the clips from hitting the rear glass?

The Rack system on the M3 has me leaning towards
Circling back to add an actual pic of Seasucker + 4BW.

No issues on a 2+ hour highway trip.

Looks good….shopping M3 vs 5BW.….the M3 rack system is great for bikes and cargo boxes.

I need to research the Seasucker.

Yes. Comes with Velcro straps for the crank. Just loop it through the pedal frame (I have 105 Shimano SPD-SLs) and around the seat stay.
I can also vouch for the Sea Sucker. I've used this solution on many cars for many years. I believe each cup is rated for 200 lbs of force (you have three cups on the front for a single bike unit). Also, it's relatively easy to adapt it to any bike. I have through axles (of different sizes) on both my road bike and mountain bike. You can simply change out some plugs to accommodate different through axles or a traditional setup with skewers. Mine was older and didn't come with the velcro to hold the crank in place, but I provided my own which works great!

Got PPF. I guess I am just going to have to get a Brompton and stick it in the trunk.

Circling back to add an actual pic of Seasucker + 4BW.

No issues on a 2+ hour highway trip.
Interesting, I had been intrigued when I saw the Seasucker on the Caddy accessory site, but it said it was not compatible with the 4BW… Of course now that I look at the Seasucker site, it says it’s compatible with everything….

I'm able to put my road bike in the back with the seats folded down, no problem. Just put the wheels in a wheel bag. I bit the bullet and tried the Sea Sucker for the MT Bike, its a bit scary at first, stopping to check the suction every few miles, but after a while you forget about it up there. It does a great job.

IMG_5741.jpg

IMG_5740.jpg

I found placing the front cups near the rear window helped with roof rigidity, you want a solid less flexible part of the roof to place the cups on.

Good tips. I can fit my road bike in the back with the seats down with just the front wheel off, but want a bit more flexibility. Am trying to decide between the Seasucker and a trunk rack -- looking also at the Saris Bones, which can be had for $120 on sale. Not sure if I'd need the Bones EX to clear the spoiler, tho.

Ted

I'm able to put my road bike in the back with the seats folded down, no problem. Just put the wheels in a wheel bag. I bit the bullet and tried the Sea Sucker for the MT Bike, its a bit scary at first, stopping to check the suction every few miles, but after a while you forget about it up there. It does a great job.

View attachment 20147

View attachment 20148

I found placing the front cups near the rear window helped with roof rigidity, you want a solid less flexible part of the roof to place the cups on.
Reasonable, but still looks scary, LOL. I'm too chicken to do that. Gonna have to let the seat down and pile it in the back.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back