Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Torch Red Seat belts

ajamils

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-BW Track Edition (On Order), 2022 CT5-BW (Bailed), 2022 CT4-BW (Sold)
Has anybody ordered the red seat belts with their build? I'm thinking about it as it will look good with cool gray interior. But in one the pics I noticed that the middle seat belt for back seat is black and rest are red. Why is that?

What do you guys think? Worth the extra $400?

Has anybody ordered the red seat belts with their build? I'm thinking about it as it will look good with cool gray interior. But in one the pics I noticed that the middle seat belt for back seat is black and rest are red. Why is that?

What do you guys think? Worth the extra $400?
I'm ordering that combo on Saturday. I didn't notice the middle seat belt not being red. For $400... I'm off to the brochure to look.

What makes that even stranger is that the tan seatbelts (at no extra charge) come with tan in the middle position. Hmmm... It's not going to stop me from ordering it but, certainly strange.
Exactly my thought. Why same color seat belts for tan and not red.

My first choice of interior was Tan but the more I thought about it, cool gray made more sense with electric blue exterior color.

Exactly my thought. Why same color seat belts for tan and not red.

My first choice of interior was Tan but the more I thought about it, cool gray made more sense with electric blue exterior color.
Maybe just because it's a pre-production car and the production cars will have red in the middle (he says hopefully)?

Maybe just because it's a pre-production car and the production cars will have red in the middle (he says hopefully)?
Isn't the other car with tan interior pre-prod also? Is there a way we can get a confirmation about this?

Isn't the other car with tan interior pre-prod also? Is there a way we can get a confirmation about this?
Yes, of course. Maybe, Rob can inquire. Every time that I try to ask a question on Cadillac's online chat, I get told to ask the dealer. Really helpful.

I hadn't noticed this until mentioned in this thread. The photos from the Car & Driver article similarly show a black rear middle seat belt with red torch on the right and left with the jet black semi-aniline leather seats.

View Photos of the 2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing

IMO, it's not bad looking on the jet black since the belt matches the seat color in this case. Definitely not as noticeable as on the cool gray. But this isn't a deal breaker for me and I will definitely be keeping my spec with jet black high perf seats with red torch seatbelts.

Actually the middle seat on cool gray interior is also black so it might not be too bad but just weird why they did that. Maybe they just don't want anyone to sit the middle seat. It does look kinda uncomfortable from the pictures.

I'm at the dealer right now and looked at the regular CT4-V and it looks like the middle seat belt can be disconnected from the bottom so I went ahead and added to my build order 🙂

I'm at the dealer right now and looked at the regular CT4-V and it looks like the middle seat belt can be disconnected from the bottom so I went ahead and added to my build order 🙂
Got it. It'll retract and not be visible.

Yep, looks like that's the case. The following is from the 2021 CT5 owners manual. It's the first step in the instructions for folding down the seatback.

1614278933065.png

I had it in my initial order and then removed it. It was a tough call but in the end I liked the subtle red accents with the sky cool gray and thought adding red belts would distract from that.

I had it in my initial order and then removed it. It was a tough call but in the end I liked the subtle red accents with the sky cool gray and thought adding red belts would distract from that.
Hmmmm.... good point. Now you got me thinking..... oh well it's too late now.

Hmmmm.... good point. Now you got me thinking..... oh well it's too late now.
I think you have until sometime next week to make changes. Honestly, I haven't seen an updated order sheet from my dealer showing they removed the red belts so I might end up with them anyway. I'd be happy either way.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back