Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

The one real flaw of Midnight Steel Metallic ....

ncomputerm4

Well found the flaw of Midnight Steel Metallic, its not water proof..... Light rain today took one of my coworkers to lunch and he starts getting dripped on from the headliner

crack.JPG

Water was coming out of the ring around the sun visor and the head liner was rather wet
wet.JPG

Anyone have any tips of things I should look out for when I bring it in to the dealer? I've had the car for 6 days and it has 240 miles on it.... It was in the goat pen for about 2 1/2 months not sure if I have any risk of lasting water damage under the headliner.

Well found the flaw of Midnight Steel Metallic, its not water proof..... Light rain today took one of my coworkers to lunch and he starts getting dripped on from the headliner

View attachment 17546

Water was coming out of the ring around the sun visor and the head liner was rather wet
View attachment 17547

Anyone have any tips of things I should look out for when I bring it in to the dealer? I've had the car for 6 days and it has 240 miles on it.... It was in the goat pen for about 2 1/2 months not sure if I have any risk of lasting water damage under the headliner.
Oh man, that hurts to see on a brand new car. I think in addition to fixing the leak you're going to want a new headliner, which will be a complete PITA for them to do and get right.

Not a paint flaw!
Body flaw factor sealant.
BUMMER 🤬
When you get a chance can you take pics and post like to see some of this color.
Looked at ours, to much seam sealer not allowing windshield rubber to seal properly
IMO

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback, setup an appointment for Monday for them to take a look. I think your right that it is seam sealer has a bit of give to it if I push on that spot. Anyone know what an acceptable fix will be? as it has paint on it they can't just put more of the black windshield glue/sealer as it would be visible.
I'll have to grab pictures after they fix it, right now its covered in lovely NC tree pollen messing with the color and I'd like to avoid washing until things are sealed up.

Thanks for the feedback, setup an appointment for Monday for them to take a look. I think your right that it is seam sealer has a bit of give to it if I push on that spot. Anyone know what an acceptable fix will be? as it has paint on it they can't just put more of the black windshield glue/sealer as it would be visible.
I'll have to grab pictures after they fix it, right now its covered in lovely NC tree pollen messing with the color and I'd like to avoid washing until things are sealed up.
What does the other side look like?

Looks like my tape job did not help, went out to check on it after some rain today and found water is running inside my dashboard now. Was not a hard rain, but has been on and off most of the day. Anyone know what electronics run down that side of the car? The trim that is getting wet now has some play to it if I lightly pull on it
PXL_20230313_001357856.jpg

1678667016862blob.png

inside the glovebox
1678667088340blob.png

Wait...you have a known leak and you left it outside with no kind of cover whatsoever?

Oh man, that sucks. Looks like a small crack for so much water...it might be worse under the windshield seal.

Wait...you have a known leak and you left it outside with no kind of cover whatsoever?
Had it taped up in that area, but it didn't seem to help so not sure if its coming in some other place or if the water made it under the temp patch job. Went 5" out from that spot with the temp cover, again wasn't raining hard at all light rain on and off during the day.

So glad my 22 4v BW matte green monster does not have a slider or t-tops / perfect example of their flaws and issues. Get the dealer, zone office and higher ups involved quick like. Let us know how this pans out.

So glad my 22 4v BW matte green monster does not have a slider or t-tops / perfect example of their flaws and issues. Get the dealer, zone office and higher ups involved quick like. Let us know how this pans out.
From the pictures the OP has posted the leak appears from the front windshield, not slider as you call it. Most likely not enough sealant in that corner area.

I’m on my 9th car/truck with sun roof and or removable top (vett) and zero issues and enjoyed everyone of them.

I don't think your issue is anything to do with your color choice.

I could be the windshield, but it seems unlikely it would be wet so far up the A pillar trim.

If you have a sunroof, my guess would be a disconnected/pinched drain hose.

I don't think your issue is anything to do with your color choice.

I could be the windshield, but it seems unlikely it would be wet so far up the A pillar trim.

If you have a sunroof, my guess would be a disconnected/pinched drain hose.
No sunroof, and the title was just for fun. Have to try and make light of an issue like this so soon into ownership.

Dealer didn't even look at it yesterday so no updates. Tried the normal Cadillac support number to just bring awareness and they mostly brushed it off but said they'd make a note of the problem. Any other number or email I should try if I don't get anything back over the next few days?

From the pictures the OP has posted the leak appears from the front windshield, not slider as you call it. Most likely not enough sealant in that corner area.

I’m on my 9th car/truck with sun roof and or removable top (vett) and zero issues and enjoyed everyone of them.
+1 I've owned a dozen Caddy's and every one had a sunroof. Never experienced a leak in any of them.

So glad my 22 4v BW wave blue monster has a slider. Zero problems with any sunroof car I've ever owned. Also, irrelevant to this thread entirely.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back