Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

The feel of driving my CT4-V Blackwing

Jim2000

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-Blackwing
Those of you that have skied can relate to this. Driving my Blackwing is a lot like skiing. For those of you skiers, remember starting to head down a beautiful run and carving perfect parallel turns? Feeling the cold air in your face as you fly down the slope taking in all of the undulations of the run. Driving my Blackwing is just like that. This car carves corners like a go cart. You flow into one corner and accelerate out of the corner feeling the freedom of driving a car of this caliber. This car does everything to perfection. It always puts a smile on my face and never disappoints me in any driving situation. It is V Ultimate Driving Machine. A lot of people are missing the dynamics of this car and I wish GM would produce more of these phenomenal machines.

Those of you that have skied can relate to this. Driving my Blackwing is a lot like skiing. For those of you skiers, remember starting to head down a beautiful run and carving perfect parallel turns? Feeling the cold air in your face as you fly down the slope taking in all of the undulations of the run. Driving my Blackwing is just like that. This car carves corners like a go cart. You flow into one corner and accelerate out of the corner feeling the freedom of driving a car of this caliber. This car does everything to perfection. It always puts a smile on my face and never disappoints me in any driving situation. It is V Ultimate Driving Machine. A lot of people are missing the dynamics of this car and I wish GM would produce more of these phenomenal machines.
Big Brother Omg GIF by Global TV

I think the 5BW feels like Fat guy skiing. Still all the same feels described by the OP, just a bit more sketchy. ☃️

The 4 is definitely more nimble than the 5.

You'd never have a super nimble car front engine rear drive with a 668hp supercharged V8 anyways.

There are a dozen cars more nimble than the 4BW. Not many peers to the 5BW, but we all choose metrics that matter to us.

Last edited:
I ride hogs at night and I ride hogs during the day...I am a Hog Hunter! Love something big I can't handle...because I can handle it!

rider hog GIF

There really is a GIF for everything…

Last edited:
There are a dozen cars more nimble than the 4BW. Not many peers to the 5BW, but we all choose metrics that matter to us.

More nimble perhaps, as well refined, with as much power and daily reliabilit? I'm listening. Don't think you're list will include anything with 4 doors, and it still will be a short list of those with two.

So yeah a Miata is more nimble but it's not nearly as refined a vehicle.

More nimble perhaps, as well refined, with as much power and daily reliabilit? I'm listening. Don't think you're list will include anything with 4 doors, and it still will be a short list of those with two.

So yeah a Miata is more nimble but it's not nearly as refined a vehicle.
I didn't say there are a dozen better cars than the 4, I was simply responding to the singular metric called out in the post. It would be like me saying the 5 has more power than the 4...
gallery_1_2_32719.jpg

I just really wanted to use that picture to see how many people noticed the name of the bra...say it out loud.

So, I smoked the instructor's reference lap time at a V Performance Lab event at COTA in an ATS-V 5 years ago through the autocross. They said that was the first time that happened. (gotta brag a little sometimes, haha) Also, got to flog the 3rd gen CTS-V on the big track.

I did actually like driving the ATS-V more. It's definitely more nimble feeling than the CTS-V was. But, I'm a supercharged V8 whore, so when it came time to order a Blackwing, the 5 six-speed it was and is. But, I wouldn't mind a 4BW for a track and weekend toy when the prices go fire sale down the road. Something around $50kish new, discounted, even the A10, would be doable for me to add another BW to the stable.

So, I smoked the instructor's reference lap time at a V Performance Lab event at COTA in an ATS-V 5 years ago through the autocross. They said that was the first time that happened. (gotta brag a little sometimes, haha) Also, got to flog the 3rd gen CTS-V on the big track.

I did actually like driving the ATS-V more. It's definitely more nimble feeling than the CTS-V was. But, I'm a supercharged V8 whore, so when it came time to order a Blackwing, the 5 six-speed it was and is. But, I wouldn't mind a 4BW for a track and weekend toy when the prices go fire sale down the road. Something around $50kish new, discounted, even the A10, would be doable for me to add another BW to the stable.
To have both is the best! I LOVE my 4BW and thrash her daily, but when I do get behind the wheel of her older sister (5BW) I do enjoy the feeling of her raw power and torque...

I just came across two preowned 4BW at fairly good prices, nicely equipped. Said something to my wife like "what do you think?" She asked me if the dog crate will fit? Oy! 🙄 I don't know if that's a yes or no. I kind of would hate to give up my suv though.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back