Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Tapout mods result - 550whp/556wtq

JB5359

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing, 2007 CTS-V (6.0l NA)
I drove 1,000 miles up to Tapout to get their Blue Belt package (JB4, catless downpipes, high flow air filters, colder spark plugs, DTC assassin, and ported throttlebody) as well as the Tapout fuel cam. The service was awesome! Scott was very responsive via email for the weeks leading up to this where I asked him dozens of questions. They worked late to make sure I got my car back in time to head back home by Thanksgiving, and they spent hours sitting with me at the dyno, explaining things as they tuned it. They even ordered in lunch for my wife and I. The trip home was awesome with the new 550whp/557wtq tune (I was at 426whp/454wtq stock). Highway pulls put a smile on our faces every time, and we even improved 0-60 from 4.1s down to 3.8s (with traction obviously being the limiting factor haha). The pipes sound great and are loud when we want them to be, but also quiet when we want them to be, which is perfect. We took it to a large car meet this past weekend and got tons of compliments. Very happy with the results of the blue belt+ package as well as the hospitality of the Tapout crew!

We're glad that you and your wife are enjoying the car and loving the newfound power and better sound. It was nice meeting you both.

p.s. - I hope she still lets you drive it some. ;)

I might just have to get a second one haha!

I might just have to get a second one haha!
Happy GIF

Any drivability issues? Maybe a little rough at lower rpm's? Have you checked how big a hit your mpg took? Pretty sure I'll be getting this, after warranty expires if I can hold myself back. :)

No drivability issues. It can be a little rough at idle until you let it warm up (takes like 2 minutes). I averaged 23 on the interstate over the 1k drive back home after tuning but I can't say that I was taking it easy lol. In fact, I don't know that I have been driving "normal" yet. I'll likely have some decent mpg data to share that isn't skewed by a heavy foot in the next few days.

No drivability issues. It can be a little rough at idle until you let it warm up (takes like 2 minutes). I averaged 23 on the interstate over the 1k drive back home after tuning but I can't say that I was taking it easy lol. In fact, I don't know that I have been driving "normal" yet. I'll likely have some decent mpg data to share that isn't skewed by a heavy foot in the next few days.

Saw your FB post yesterday! Appreciate the rundown. I'm sure there are several on here creeping on every mod-post that drops. I've been fighting the urge to order all the Blue Belt parts before my car even gets here....

Would be greatly interested in some sound clips and updates regarding daily driving if you could! IE. Stop and go traffic responsiveness, MPGs, any issues (hopefully none!) Also, which transmission do you have?

Best regards!

I posted a couple of sound clips in the FB post I made. I haven't taken any others yet, but if you tell me specifically what you would like to see/hear, I'm glad to take more videos.

I have the A10 transmission. No issues so far. Daily driving feels exactly the same as before if you don't stomp on it. Stop and go traffic is the same. All of the driving modes still work. If you leave it in Tour mode, its a little louder on startup but once it warms up, its barely any louder than stock, then when you open the pipes you get the results I shared in my previous videos. I don't have good MPG data yet because I have been getting on it a lot lol. Although I will say that I averaged 21 on my 1k mile trip up to Tapout in Ohio, and averaged 22.8 on the way home, even though I was getting on it a lot.

Although I will say that I averaged 21 on my 1k mile trip up to Tapout in Ohio, and averaged 22.8 on the way home, even though I was getting on it a lot.
So... you're saying if I spend a few thousand dollars, I'll save money on gas? Pfft. Sold.

Really though, thanks for the feedback! I'll check out the sound clips on FB :devilish:

How does the new cam sound compared to stock?

So... you're saying if I spend a few thousand dollars, I'll save money on gas? Pfft. Sold.
All idle, cruise and other light throttle performance remains identical to stock. However, most people experience a reduction in overall fuel economy because the car feels so much better that they find themselves in the boost more often. :)

How does the new cam sound compared to stock?
The fuel cam opens and closes the intake and exhaust valves exactly the same as stock. So it does not change the way the engine runs or sounds.

Only the one camshaft lobe that drives the high pressure fuel pump (HPFP) is modified.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back