Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Swift Springs

frankfast97

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 ct5-v blackwing (on order)
I ordered some Swift Spring lowering springs for the CT5 Blackwing. I will be putting the track alignment on it while i have everything apart. I will do an alignment but is there anything i need to do to recalibrate the mag ride for the slightly lower ride height? I was told no when I ordered them but I just wanted to make sure.

Supposedly no, just need an alignment since toe and camber will be off.
Just double check your struts before you starts disassembly. I found a leaky front passenger strut on mine, thankfully I found it when I started. Not when I'm finishing...

Springs are on. Ride is still awesome and feels crisper on steering input. I still have to get alignment done

Attachments

• 137F441F-6A80-4DF1-90FF-34A387BDBE88.jpeg
    137F441F-6A80-4DF1-90FF-34A387BDBE88.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 429
  • D0269914-60D2-4134-BF7B-EF260EF7CE0D.jpeg
    D0269914-60D2-4134-BF7B-EF260EF7CE0D.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 420
  • F38FC071-E741-4C38-9C23-A0F627491EC8.jpeg
    F38FC071-E741-4C38-9C23-A0F627491EC8.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 414
Well I'm surprised to learn Renick also got their own Swift Springs for these now.

Well I'm surprised to learn Renick also got their own Swift Springs for these now.

I read through that page and it's all marketing buzz speak.

Anyone know what the difference is between Swift Springs and Swift "Renick Type-R" Springs?

I read through that page and it's all marketing buzz speak.

Anyone know what the difference is between Swift Springs and Swift "Renick Type-R" Springs?
Supposedly Renick uses a higher tier spring from Swift. They claim TapOut uses the base Swift spring. Figured all Swift springs are upgraded already since they're the upgrade spring on a few coilovers in the market.

Right, but what's the actual difference? Stiffer spring rate? Lower drop? Softer ride? Longer warranty?
I didn't see anything about the Renick listing that couldn't be exact marketing copy for Swift's regular springs...

Has any one heard of a "Trim Height Reset" for magride cars? I assume something has to be done to calibrate the system back to the new zero point after lowering the car, but I can't find it in the service manual. The manual reviews how measure trim height to confirm you aren't out of spec, but nothing on how to re-calibration. Maybe magride 4 does a recal on start up???

I found the following video for a Camaro on youtube, and a few others for Tahoes.

Has any one heard of a "Trim Height Reset" for magride cars? I assume something has to be done to calibrate the system back to the new zero point after lowering the car, but I can't find it in the service manual. The manual reviews how measure trim height to confirm you aren't out of spec, but nothing on how to re-calibration. Maybe magride 4 does a recal on start up???

I found the following video for a Camaro on youtube, and a few others for Tahoes.

Yes, you do need to re-zero. Cannot currently be done with Global B cars. DSC Sport has had a 'coming soon' banner on their C8 device for almost 2 years.

Is the re-zero something the dealer an do with a ECM reader or something they have?
Yes. It's been a thing for a while on vehicles with MRC. The biggest issue is finding a dealer that knows how to do it and then making sure that dealer doesn't enter info on your VIN about voided suspension warranty.

Yes. It's been a thing for a while on vehicles with MRC. The biggest issue is finding a dealer that knows how to do it and then making sure that dealer doesn't enter info on your VIN about voided suspension warranty.
Anyone know a good dealer or shop in the Atlanta or southeast that they recommend?

Anyone know a good dealer or shop in the Atlanta or southeast that they recommend?
I'm going to Atlanta Speed Company tomorrow to get my Rear Diff and Brake Fluid changed. Going to see if they are able to install my springs this week as well.

Equally important I'll ask service advisor at Capital Cadillac if any of his Techs can re zero the suspension.

I'm going to Atlanta Speed Company tomorrow to get my Rear Diff and Brake Fluid changed. Going to see if they are able to install my springs this week as well.

Equally important I'll ask service advisor at Capital Cadillac if any of his Techs can re zero the suspension.
Sweet let me know what suggestions they have.

In Atlanta, I'd start with HOME » VENGEANCE RACING

Even if they can't do it, they may be able to recommend a 'mod friendly' dealership.
I will reach out to Vengeance today for suggestions!

I had called 5 GM service departments in a 50 mile radius about the trim height reset on my Chevy SS. Spoke to the foreman at each shop and only 1 knew what I was talking about but said it made little difference overall unless the car was lowered more than 1.5"

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back