Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Sticky throttle issues

Hanzie

So since I took delivery on my CT4 6mt, it’s occasionally revs up between 3-4k in neutral or when I engage/disengage the clutch - Has anybody else experienced this before I take it in for service? I swear my foot is nowhere near the throttle and the floor mats are secured. Wondering if this is a known issue..

Rev match off - I rarely have on during daily driving

It usually only happens when disengaging the clutch from 1st to neutral at a stop
I got nothing on that... I thought it could have been a rev match issue..

Unfortunately not. Thanks for the input though..

Hopefully sewell doesn’t look at me crazy when I explain to them

Unfortunately not. Thanks for the input though..

Hopefully sewell doesn’t look at me crazy when I explain to them
Talk to Trey Harrison (Blackwing service advisor) and he will get you hooked up with Victor who is the dedicated Blackwing tech.. They will take care of you, trust me, I have taken Trey and Victor some crazy things before...

This has happened to me once over the last 2 months. After driving down the graded entrance of my condo's parking garage, I was waiting for the gate to open (on level ground) and the engine revved to 2k-3k for a second or two. I was in neutral with foot on the brake.

I didn't have a SD card yet so I didn't capture it on the PDR. I was hoping to capture it on recording before going to the dealership (as you mentioned, didn't want to sound crazy or get dismissed).

Talk to Trey Harrison (Blackwing service advisor) and he will get you hooked up with Victor who is the dedicated Blackwing tech.. They will take care of you, trust me, I have taken Trey and Victor some crazy things before...
Good to know. Are you referring to sewell dallas or grapevine location? I usually service at grapevine

This has happened to me once over the last 2 months. After driving down the graded entrance of my condo's parking garage, I was waiting for the gate to open (on level ground) and the engine revved to 2k-3k for a second or two. I was in neutral with foot on the brake.

I didn't have a SD card yet so I didn't capture it on the PDR. I was hoping to capture it on recording before going to the dealership (as you mentioned, didn't want to sound crazy or get dismissed).
At low revs and sitting/coasting a bit it could very well be the anti-stall kicking in, not sure it needs to jump to 3k, but that might be it.

I didn't have a SD card yet so I didn't capture it on the PDR. I was hoping to capture it on recording before going to the dealership (as you mentioned, didn't want to sound crazy or get dismissed)
Good idea on the PDR. I’ll need to capture it before I head to the dealer. Only problem is PDR will show the throttle engaged so I might need to film my feet hahaha

At low revs and sitting/coasting a bit it could very well be the anti-stall kicking in, not sure it needs to jump to 3k, but that might be it.
My thought initially but the I don’t let the revs dip to the point of stalling. It holds revs for a good 3-4 seconds before it comes back to idle

Mine also does this occasionally. Doesn’t bother me enough or happen enough to do anything about it.

This hasn't happened to mine. Though I feel like the rev match feature does add a bit more power when feathering in 1st gear. Nothing in the 3-4k range.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back