Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Steering wheel data plate

LongGrayLine16

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT5-V BW (86-027)
Does anyone have any idea how I could go about getting another steering wheel data plate? I know the collector series memorabilia frames had what looks to be a spare one framed, for those who got that privilege. I'm probably chasing something unattainable, but never hurts to ask. Even if someone knows of a way to get a third party reproduction one.

Being that's its VIN based I can see it being tough to get one through Cadillac. Maybe try a trophy shop to see if the could replicate it.

Trophy shop is a good idea. I'm weird and frame my window stickers and keep license plates. I'm trying to make something cool for my car and wanted something similar to what the collector series owners got.

This is the only reason I havent thought about changing to Alcantara steering wheel.

Trophy shop is a good idea. I'm weird and frame my window stickers and keep license plates. I'm trying to make something cool for my car and wanted something similar to what the collector series owners got.
Nothing weird about that or, we are all fucking weird

This is the only reason I havent thought about changing to Alcantara steering wheel.

Seems like entire carbon piece should be able to come off and swap wheels….I’ll likely pick up a suede one this spring and try it, I much prefer it to leather.

I've also purchased a custom carbon fiber steering wheel, with an electric blue top center stripe to match.

I'm waiting for my car to be delivered. The wheel got to me back in October when my EDD was Halloween haha. I was looking for ways to get the data plate to transfer to that wheel, too.

For anyone that finds this of interest:

Spoke with my parts department manager about this. GM outsources the data plates to a third party. They confirmed that the only way they would sell it is by matching your car's VIN to prove it had that plate to begin with. Said they would be willing to make replacements, but have not settled on a price yet. Will follow up in a couple of months to see if things change. For now, no luck getting a replacement one.

Question on the VIN number itself. My Vin Plate is 86-390. In the manual Pg 481 the last 6 digits represent Vehicle Build, Transmission, sequence number. But for the vehicle build it only notes a value of 2,3,4,5 not an 8.
I believe I read that the 8 represents CT5 or is that CT5-VBW?

Also as for the sequence number being 390, does that mean its the 390th CT5-V Manual Blackwing, or the 390th CT5-V Blackwing? - Just curious

Question on the VIN number itself. My Vin Plate is 86-390. In the manual Pg 481 the last 6 digits represent Vehicle Build, Transmission, sequence number. But for the vehicle build it only notes a value of 2,3,4,5 not an 8.
I believe I read that the 8 represents CT5 or is that CT5-VBW?

Also as for the sequence number being 390, does that mean its the 390th CT5-V Manual Blackwing, or the 390th CT5-V Blackwing? - Just curious
The vin plate removes the leading zero from the sequence number so yours would be 860390. The 8 is for the CT5, the 6 is for the 6 speed, and the 390 is the 390th CT5 BW of that MY with that transmission.

241565659_2176923595781406_2909323993884957843_n.jpg

The vin plate removes the leading zero from the sequence number so yours would be 860390. The 8 is for the CT5, the 6 is for the 6 speed, and the 390 is the 390th CT5 BW of that MY with that transmission.
TYVM!

FWIW - I bought a used 4VBW from a cadillac dealer that was missing the steering wheel numbered badge / data plate (had the two holes as pictured in DCTFUL-V's post above). As part of the sale, the dealer wrote up a ticket of deliverables including a replacement steering wheel numbered badge, the blackwing badge for the decklid, etc.

4 months later they called me to say that while those steering wheel badges can be ordered, they are only in production occasionally and they need to provide the original plate number including the number in series - which they have no way of knowing and apparently GM also has no record of. They said they'd keep working on it and get back to me.

In the mean time I noticed that the V wheel for sale on aliexpress has a generic V badge:
I asked the seller if I could order just that badge as it would be better than those two holes in the CF:
The answer was no

To my surprise a package showed up today from the selling dealer with a made-in-China steering wheel V badge just like the one at aliexpress, but with a GM part number.
I'll take it.
GM part number 84873504 - can find it on many of the GM parts sites for the low low price of $50 (special order of course)

Attachments

• PXL_20240418_203209951.jpg
    PXL_20240418_203209951.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 15
  • PXL_20240418_203227681.jpg
    PXL_20240418_203227681.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 17
  • PXL_20240418_203259661.jpg
    PXL_20240418_203259661.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 14
  • PXL_20240418_203307334.jpg
    PXL_20240418_203307334.jpg