Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Stealth PPF on aCT5-V Blackwing - Walk Around Video. Black Raven.

CT5-V Model
I go back and forth on wrapping my car. I've never done it before and certain wraps don't look great. I like the ones posted here. I would go some type of white or the flat grey you see on the Dodges, BMWs, Toyotas, etc. My ct4 is white and I like seeing all of the carbon pop, so I wouldn't go dark.
Hey man. Just as an FYI. Vinyl wraps and ppf arnt exactly the same. Ppf is thicker and meant to provide protection against rock chips, minor scratches, etc. Some are self healing, hydrophic, have warranties, etc.

Vinyl is thinner, cheaper, and is mostly only cosmetic. Not bad if that is what you are looking for though. It can also be swapped out every couple of years (or months) for a completely new look if that's your thing.

I need to get the lingo down I guess haha thanks for the distinction.

That looks like a nightmare to keep clean
I mean how much worse can it be compared to regular black that shows every single spec of dirt

Black is terrible, but I've heard matte paint requires a lot of work. So I imagine having both is doubly bad? 😂

Well this is not paint it's a film that goes over the paint to protect it. High quality films these days are actually really easy to keep clean. Put ceramic on top and you are playing on easy mode.

Source: Professional detailer

What does a color change wrap cost?
If you went this route, are you able to see the original paint color underneath along the edges of the door, trunk lid, hood, etc?
that all depends on the level you want the job done at and the experience of the installer. Just doing the externally visible paint would be somewhere between $3,500 and $6,000. You want them to do all painted surfaces (minus the engine bay) then you're most likely looking at a $10k job since they have to remove all the doors, trunk, etc to get to the body underneath

IMG_6537.JPG
They were tinted after the ppf was completed.

you cant ceramic over stealth..... you would lose the matte/frost look
you can absolutely ceramic coat Expel stealth or STEK DYNOmatt....Thats a rumor that I will absolutely call 100% bullcrap on....I do it quite often at my shop...it doesn't change the look of the film at all. This car has STEK DYNOmatt with CQuartz Skin on top of it.

you can absolutely ceramic coat Expel stealth or STEK DYNOmatt....Thats a rumor that I will absolutely call 100% bullcrap on....I do it quite often at my shop...it doesn't change the look of the film at all. This car has STEK DYNOmatt with CQuartz Skin on top of it.

That's Clean man. What was the base color of that car. Shadow Metallic?

you know, at first I was not really digging your car but now I like the hell out of it!
Well Steve, if it makes any difference…I removed the air bag set up and went back to stock springs hahaha. Thank you very much though brother!

PPF vs Ceramic Coating? How do you good folks that are ahead of the herd phone in on it?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back