Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Status Of New Blackwing Orders

zuess42

Looking for input from Forum members who may be in the know on whether Cadillac is actually accepting new Blackwing orders and overall what are my prospects for actually getting a car next year. I did place an order with my local dealership today as I thought better to get on the list than not. But they thought it could be one year away for a 2023 and overall just uncertainty.

Anyone having any inside scoop ?

No one is going to be able to answer that question. The supply chain debacle has all dates as 'suggestions'.

Now with the pending Mg shortage, the entire auto industry may shut down.

I placed my order on 9/23 and was told a realistic date for delivery would be May.

Don't gloss over the mg comment folks. Sounds like auto production (and smartphones, appliances, etc) may be halted in China in coming weeks with Europe having supplies thru November before their production stops. U.S. reportedly is a bit better off but will have constraints as well (and we can expect aluminum alloy costs to skyrocket)

its a sever issue on the magnesium, but at least we actually produce a lot of our own magnesium here in the US, there will still be in impact but not as bad as other parts of the world will have

Wow, GM has been through it. First the late 2019 UAW strike that punched the C8 Stingray launch in the face and shut down other factories. Then the COVID impacts on factory slow downs, closures and then limited ops. COVID-related supply chain problems. Then the global chip shortage. And now the magnesium pinch, with 85% of the world's supply coming from China. Get comfortable--the wait for our BWs will be more of a marathon then a 10K.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back