Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Standard Interior Question

Commonman

Seasoned Member
First post here. Been lurking for awhile. It appears that 18% of the ordered CT5V Blackwings have been ordered with the no cost performance bucket seats. I am contemplating ordering the car with this interior or the upgraded $2890 high performance seats and the associated sueded microfiber trim. While the higher priced option is definitely splashier from a looks prospective I'm not sure I want or need that option. I am a fairly big and tall guy (6'4"-250) and the upgraded seats look heavily bolstered in the thigh area compared to the standard seat. Wondering if that would feel too intrusive getting in and out of the car all the time. Had a C8 for 2 months and sold it because I got tired of feeling wedged into a car seat and interior that didn't really fit me (thus the Blackwing). Also wondering if sueded microfiber is an easy product to maintain and keep looking nice over time compared to the standard interior. Doing a sleeper build with no CF, std wheels and no plans to track the car. Would like to hear from Standard seat owners on their ownership experience with the non upgraded interior. If some one could post a picture of the front seats of the Std. seat I would appreciate it. Upgraded seat owners feel free to respond to my concerns about seat size and sueded microfiber maintenance and wear. Thanks!

What seats did you have in your C8 that were snug? If you had the GT1 seats and you’re comparing to the ‘Level 2’ or ‘Level 3’ carbon seats, then I would say they are a little more snug than C8 GT1 seats.

What seats did you have in your C8 that were snug? If you had the GT1 seats and you’re comparing to the ‘Level 2’ or ‘Level 3’ carbon seats, then I would say they are a little more snug than C8 GT1 seats.
I hope your not saying the Blackwing has more confining seats than the C8. Otherwise my 69 year old lard ass is in serious trouble.

Last edited:
We had a C7 Z06 and those seats (standard ones) were great for an hour, then started to feel tight at thighs. I am 6', 195 lbs. The tier 1/2 BW seats are adjustable 18 ways.... can someone share if the upgraded BW seats include a thigh bolster adjustment and not just the side bolsters? We don't have the car yet (built 2/23, on hold) and I cannot find it online.

Last edited:
We had a C7 Z06 and those seats (standard ones) were great for an hour, then started to feel tight at thighs. I am 6', 195 lbs. The tier 1/2 BW seats are adjustable 18 ways.... can someone share if the upgraded BW seats include a thigh bolster adjustment and not just the side bolsters? We don't have the car yet (built 2/23, on hold) and I cannot find it online.
I know the 5 has a thigh bolster adjustment... because I checked before I ordered one! My car is at 3800... so that's the best I can tell you at the moment.

Every seat offered for the 5 has upper and lower bolster adjustment.

The standard seats in the 5BW are the same seats in the regular CT5V but with different stitching. Go to the dealer and sit in a regular CT5V so you’ll know how they fit you. My buddy has a regular CT5V and I absolutely love the standard seats (he’s got a BW order scheduled for delivery at the end of April). They are very comfortable and sporty enough for a sedan, imo. I’ve had a GT500 with Recaros and absolutely hated them. My buddy and I both ordered standard seats…..

The standard seats in the 5BW are the same seats in the regular CT5V but with different stitching. Go to the dealer and sit in a regular CT5V so you’ll know how they fit you. My buddy has a regular CT5V and I absolutely love the standard seats (he’s got a BW order scheduled for delivery at the end of April). They are very comfortable and sporty enough for a sedan, imo. I’ve had a GT500 with Recaros and absolutely hated them. My buddy and I both ordered standard seats…..
Thanks, that reply helps a lot. If you could ever post a picture of the std. front seat in the Blackwing I would really appreciate it.

Thanks, that reply helps a lot. If you could ever post a picture of the std. front seat in the Blackwing I would really appreciate it.
The build and price page has lots of good interior shots.

The build and price page has lots of good interior shots.
Thanks again. That video was perfect. I'm glad they put the white piping on the seats to give it a little more dressed up look. The visualizer never shows that so I was wondering if it was there. I will definitely go with std interior option. (If I ever get to order the car) Never had such a hard time giving away 90K in my life!

I agree. Now I have to decide if those little tags are worth $2900. Probably not. Not having them will make the car even more of a "sleeper" which is fine with me.

I am 5’11” and 280lbs bought the car when I was at 310lbs and I was fine then too

Edit: I have the performance seats
Note to self💡... buying a blackwing will help me lose 30 lbs ✅
the-more-you-know.gif

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!