Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Spring Mountain- Track insurance?

The whole thing was lined with cones when I was there April 2023.
All lined with cones in December 2023 as well, but I didn't run any over. Took 1st in my group too! :)

Here the answer to the question, this guy hit cone in front of me at 80 mph, no insurance! Well worth the $200!
imagejpeg_0.jpeg

Thanks everyone for your responses. I think I will just get the insurance for complete peace of mind. Having wife do the course and she has never driven a car on a race track. Want her to feel free to run to her limits without worrying about hurting the car.

For me...the two times I've been there it's a NO. I have some experience and know my and the cars limits; quite honestly never having to approach either of them.
I brought my older son the first time and he paid for the upgrade. I will be bringing my younger son next time(when I get my 5 BW), and will ask/require that he pay the upgrade for himself as well
What’s the upgrade cost? My wife wants to go with me

about $3500 to drive and participate in the two day course which I paid for the older and will pay for the younger son. I only asked them to pay for the insurance deductible reduction (since they are 21 year olds :)

my wife drove as well and my receipt from Spring Mountain is for $4,345, which includes insurance for both of us and no doubt a few fees and fees to bill the fees.

With the insurance you’re responsible for the first $2000 instead of $10000. So even with insurance I would be on the hook for a splitter?

With the insurance you’re responsible for the first $2000 instead of $10000. So even with insurance I would be on the hook for a splitter?
Splitters I think are now $2500 and that doesn’t include labor.

Not that many cars at SM have CF, just pick one that doesn’t have it.

I was going to come here and post this after my discussion with Gina today. $2,250 is what we are on the hook for if we buy insurance, $10,000 if we don't. I can do/have done some stupid shit, but I think I'll walk my talk and just take personal responsibility for my poor choices and skip the insurance. The potential $10k liability is a good curb to keep me in my lane.

She can go for a free ride along if she wants , just to get the feel of what its like. You just request it from the instructors and they will take a companion for a few laps. If you leave your SD card in the car , they will turn it on to get the reactions.

Drive too or just accompany you?
If she just goes with you, eats the provided meals with you, sits in the classroom but doesn't drive, it's 40 bucks additional. And usually there's an area for the guests to watch from while cars are on the track. They can also get a free ride along with an instructor.

She can go for a free ride along if she wants , just to get the feel of what its like. You just request it from the instructors and they will take a companion for a few laps. If you leave your SD card in the car , they will turn it on to get the reactions.

My wife did the ride along the 2nd day. I saw the wives come back from the first day all frazzled and shell shocked.

My wife didn't even want to do it but I talked her into it. After the ride along she strolled back into the classroom like it never happened.

I watched the PDR recording to see what her reactions were, and she was just having a casual conversation during the ride like nothing was going on.

I asked her how she was so calm during the ride, and she told me it was no worse than my usual driving.

Drive too or just accompany you?
If she just goes with you, eats the provided meals with you, sits in the classroom but doesn't drive, it's 40 bucks additional. And usually there's an area for the guests to watch from while cars are on the track. They can also get a free ride along with an instructor.
Perfect, that will be what I’m looking for addition . She won’t be driving but will like ride alone and take pictures. Thank you for the info.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back