Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

SOUL Performance Sport Cats

Caruso0644

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Black Series
I provided Soul performance my car to do some R&D on creating high-flow cats, I believe they also plan on a non-catted option as well.

They’ve provided me with some video and are preparing some content for their site. The feedback I’m receiving is the exhaust is amplified nicely and quite a bit more exciting flat out, all while being reasonable to live with. They were able to utilize all the oem mounting locations, even the oem heat shields. Plus no CEL.

They’ve launched them on their site today.
Soul performance - CT5

Here are some images along the way. I’ll provide more content soon.

8C2C5A5B-71B7-4533-9BB5-F1CE87E3FDC8.jpeg

4104EF41-A88A-401A-83CC-1F8CB30B1F59.jpeg

9BA52FD5-5D61-4ECF-A6AB-4F656E603096.jpeg

IMG_1129.jpeg

D352EEE2-ABE5-4D76-95FE-A863D69615B9.jpeg

Before & After Video

Attachments

• Before and after revs.mp4
    91.5 MB
Last edited:
I plan on sorting a local dyno to see what the numbers look like. Unfortunately we will not have before and after figures. But I would think we could compare to some one with figures just running x-port and 105mm. Which would be like the figures @MTIPower shared back in December.

So...what are these? Are they in-house custom? Or are they the GESI V2 cats? Designed for OEM replacement? What HP are they rated to? What's the EPA number?

Also, it may be a small detail...but in items like this small things matter. Why does Soul keep referring to these as 'downpipes'. It just makes them sound like they don't know what they are talking about.

So...what are these? Are they in-house custom? Or are they the GESI V2 cats? Designed for OEM replacement? What HP are they rated to? What's the EPA number?

Also, it may be a small detail...but in items like this small things matter. Why does Soul keep referring to these as 'downpipes'. It just makes them sound like they don't know what they are talking about.
These are direct replacement high-flo catalytic converters. They do not refer them as downpipes. They are designed and built in-house at their location at their willow grove PA location.

As for the exact type of cat and EPA number you’d have to contact them. If I find out I will add it to the post. Same goes for the HP rating but knowing their product and having history with other applications, cars running 1000+ have had no issues.

These are direct replacement high-flo catalytic converters. They do not refer them as downpipes. They are designed and built in-house at their location at their willow grove PA location.

As for the exact type of cat and EPA number you’d have to contact them. If I find out I will add it to the post. Same goes for the HP rating but knowing their product and having history with other applications, cars running 1000+ have had no issues.
From Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing SOUL Sport Catalytic Converters - Soul Performance Products

Maximizing the power and efficiency of the CT5-V Blackwing’s potent V8 starts with swapping the factory downpipes with lightweight units featuring high-flow performance catalytic converters. The supercharged LT4 boasts immediate gains in performance and sound, notably in “V” mode which produces a cacophony of crackles on the overrun.
DETAILS:
+
Fits Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing models only
+
Weighs 9.15 lbs / 4.15 kg less than factory downpipes (15.4 lbs vs 24.55 lbs factory)
+ No Check Engine Light
+ All SOUL Performance Products exhaust components are backed by the industry’s first and finest Lifetime Warranty for both street and track use
+ Designed and built in-house at our Willow Grove, PA facility

From Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing SOUL Sport Catalytic Converters - Soul Performance Products

Maximizing the power and efficiency of the CT5-V Blackwing’s potent V8 starts with swapping the factory downpipes with lightweight units featuring high-flow performance catalytic converters. The supercharged LT4 boasts immediate gains in performance and sound, notably in “V” mode which produces a cacophony of crackles on the overrun.
DETAILS:
+
Fits Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing models only
+
Weighs 9.15 lbs / 4.15 kg less than factory downpipes (15.4 lbs vs 24.55 lbs factory)
+ No Check Engine Light
+ All SOUL Performance Products exhaust components are backed by the industry’s first and finest Lifetime Warranty for both street and track use
+ Designed and built in-house at our Willow Grove, PA facility
Ahh.. I’m not sure. They’re referring to them as both I guess.

But no mufflers ?

Future plans ?

Here is what many were requesting. More sound and still able to keep the valved mufflers. So long as it doesn't hurt power, I'm interested.

Here is what many were requesting. More sound and still able to keep the valved mufflers. So long as it doesn't hurt power, I'm interested.
tapout ran my car with the factory exhuast manifolds, headers with green cats, and catless.

None added any power on the dyno, and now, 3700 miles later on my catless headers still no check engine light triggered.

The sounds is 11/10, and valves are operational if needed.

tapout ran my car with the factory exhuast manifolds, headers with green cats, and catless.

None added any power on the dyno, and now, 3700 miles later on my catless headers still no check engine light triggered.

The sounds is 11/10, and valves are operational if needed.
So a net gain of additional exhaust tone which always makes the butt dyno happier.
phtK3rt.jpg

damn was legit at the home depot next to Soul's shop a few hours ago. should have been on the forum first and I would have tried to stop in lol. are they doing anything for CT4s?

I went this direction in hopes there design picks up a little power if not no big deal... The fact that if there is ever an issue I can throw the OEM Cats on and OEM throttle body in a couple hours and sent it to dealer. No cutting or trimming of any kind.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back