Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Shipping Constraints

CT5-V Model
I didn’t mind the goat rodeo at first. Then once my car was built, I was like okay we are making some progress. It’s moving, maybe the goats are sleeping. Then it felt like the goats became demonized and just wanted to play with my emotions….. I really really hate goats. In fact if I see a goat right now, you will see me on the news…..”guy shoots goats for no reason”

I didn’t mind the goat rodeo at first. Then once my car was built, I was like okay we are making some progress. It’s moving, maybe the goats are sleeping. Then it felt like the goats became demonized and just wanted to play with my emotions….. I really really hate goats. In fact if I see a goat right now, you will see me on the news…..”guy shoots goats for no reason”
At least now you know you have dinner.

My car is at the Mesquite VDC...err...Mid Texas Goat Pen and can't seem to find it's way out. Hopeful that it will get released in the next day or two.
What dealer is your car getting sent to? Weird how different the shipping methods get depending on the type/version of the car.

What dealer is your car getting sent to? Weird how different the shipping methods get depending on the type/version of the car.
Sewell Dallas. Regular V. Car arrived at the Mesquite VDC last Friday. Dustin says 2-5 working days for delivery is normal from there. So, if you discount the day it got there, it has all this week to make it.

[edit]
I just found the VDC on the map and it is actually only ~15 miles from the dealer, LOL. Closer that what I thought. Guess it takes a while to unload and reload. Get the goats out of the way and let's go!

Last edited:
Sewell Dallas. Regular V. Car arrived at the Mesquite VDC last Friday. Dustin says 2-5 working days for delivery is normal from there. So, if you discount the day it got there, it has all this week to make it.

[edit]
I just found the VDC on the map and it is actually only ~15 miles from the dealer, LOL. Closer that what I thought. Guess it takes a while to unload and reload. Get the goats out of the way and let's go!
I’m still hopeful that my car also showed up on that train! Mine is getting delivered to Frank Kent in Fort Worth, which isn’t far either. If not, then I guess the goat rodeo continues!

I’m still hopeful that my car also showed up on that train! Mine is getting delivered to Frank Kent in Fort Worth, which isn’t far either. If not, then I guess the goat rodeo continues!
I hope mine shows up also!

My local dealership has two CT5's one is a regular V that were delivered yesterday unannounced.....

One was built on 3/22 and the other 3/24...

My CT4 V Blackwing was built 1/24, it has reg interior and no carbon, it does have PDR, which I believe is close to being constrained?

My dealer also has a CT5 V Blackwing that was built 2/15, it doesn't have PDR or carbon

In my case, its obviously not a shipping issue, so they must be waiting for parts I'm guessing, or mine was one of the ones stolen and I'm the last to know......lol

I don't have a PDR or carbon, but do have infrared and my TPW was this week. Not sure if the PDR is a common issue with all cars sitting in the lot, but if it is we shall see.

Last edited:
I don't have a PDR or carbon, but do have infrared and my TPW was this week. Not sure if the PDR is a common issue with all cars sitting in the lot, but if it is we shall see.
We’re still hanging together Likuid, I’m surprised
Ever time I look and still this week. Is yours a manual or 10 speed?
🤞🏻☘️🤞🏻

We’re still hanging together Likuid, I’m surprised
Ever time I look and still this week. Is yours a manual or 10 speed?
🤞🏻☘️🤞🏻
Manual.

Doing a quick search through the registry and comparing cars that are listed as "Delayed" in the tracker, it does not appear that the PDR is holding them up. It was about 50/50 for the cars I checked having PDR and not having it. I wouldn't think that GM would retrofit stuff out in the Autoport lot. It probably all comes down to the shipping bottleneck that America finds itself in right now.

Doing a quick search through the registry and comparing cars that are listed as "Delayed" in the tracker, it does not appear that the PDR is holding them up. It was about 50/50 for the cars I checked having PDR and not having it. I wouldn't think that GM would retrofit stuff out in the Autoport lot. It probably all comes down to the shipping bottleneck that America finds itself in right now.
You are probably right, especially since only 50% had PDR, but there are a lot of cars sitting in lots all around east Michigan that have cars built that require chips and stuff, so I do think they are retrofitting stuff. The old Palace of Auburn Hills parking lot had a bunch of cars there last time I was over at that side of the state and news said they were there because of chip shortage.

I hope mine shows up also!
My last JCT status (3/16) showed it was delivered to DV Lansing VDC CN Yard . If yours is the same, it could have been put on the same train. CN is Canadian Northern Railway. Mine still has not made it to the dealer after arriving at the Mesquite VDC last Friday. It's only ~15 miles away.

My last JCT status (3/16) showed it was delivered to DV Lansing VDC CN Yard . If yours is the same, it could have been put on the same train. CN is Canadian Northern Railway. Mine still has not made it to the dealer after arriving at the Mesquite VDC last Friday. It's only ~15 miles away.
Is the Plant Yard Lansing Grand River the same as the DV Lansing VDC CN Yard?

Infrared!!?? I thought that was on constraint last week and this week? Good for you!

Infrared!!?? I thought that was on constraint last week and this week? Good for you!
My car was accepted for production before this constraint. However, I have no idea if my car will be produced anytime soon or not. My TPW was this week, but based on most other people who had 3400 and TPWs before me I won't be shocked if I get downgraded back to 3100 and a new TPW.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back