Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V seems to me that by now GM should be able to give estimated delivery schedule...

CT5-V Model
Sure. If they made every part they use to build a car. Since that’s not even close to true any more, they are at the mercy of their suppliers.

GM would rather piss off their customers instead of spending a few extra bucks to have adequate inventories. I guess the amount they save is really important on a car costing about 100K.

Sure. If they made every part they use to build a car. Since that’s not even close to true any more, they are at the mercy of their suppliers.
I don't buy this. Suppliers still give lead times, they are just much longer. There's no good reason for no ETAs.

In any other industry, this would be wildly unacceptable. I work in industrial automation and our lead times are very much impacted by everything going on with our suppliers. If I told our customers (a manufacturing plant) that I had no idea when they would be able to have one of their machines up and running, that wouldn't fly and we would lose their business.

There is a difference between spending a few extra bucks for adequate inventory and no inventory to be able to purchase. I understand the frustration but supply chains are ferked every direction you look. Waiting for parts is the same problem with every car manufacturer other than Tesla it seems. I do believe GM could improve the online updates compared to what we have.

I don't buy this. Suppliers still give lead times, they are just much longer. There's no good reason for no ETAs.

In any other industry, this would be wildly unacceptable. I work in industrial automation and our lead times are very much impacted by everything going on with our suppliers. If I told our customers (a manufacturing plant) that I had no idea when they would be able to have one of their machines up and running, that wouldn't fly and we would lose their business.
Dirto-93, I agree 1000%. I also work in custom fabrication. I in fact purchase transmissions for every single job. Our lead times have gone from 3 days to 11 weeks, but when I call a vender I get a human to go out put a hand on each part and tell us what the updated delivery is. This complete lack of customer support is unacceptable in other industries.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back