Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

SCCA classes 4BW & 5BW for AutoX

MatthewAMEL

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 BW5 M6
If you are an Auto-crosser, SCCA released the classing for the Blackwings today.

CT4-V BW is BS (B Street)

CT5-V BW is AS (A Street)

BW5 competition in AS are things like: Corvette C6 and C7 (non-z06), Camaro ZL1, 718 Cayman, Supra, BMW M3 & M4 CS.

BW4 competition: Audi RS3, RS5, RS7, BMW M2 Comp, ATS-V, Corvette C4/C5, Shelby GT350.

BW5 is also eligible to run in CAM-C (Classic American Muscle - Contemporary)

Last edited:
For track day and autox….do people still just tape up the nose and fenders with painters tape for protection? I will have ceramic coating but no PPF on mine.
Don’t hit the cone is the answer lol

For track day and autox….do people still just tape up the nose and fenders with painters tape for protection? I will have ceramic coating but no PPF on mine.
Don’t hit the cone is the answer lol
There is a temporary type of PPF as well.

My plan is much like I have on my 1LE. PPF the nose and splitter, ceramic everywhere else. Ceramic makes getting cone marks off very easy. The PPF is really for on-track and highway.

My plan is much like I have on my 1LE. PPF the nose and splitter, ceramic everywhere else. Ceramic makes getting cone marks off very easy. The PPF is really for on-track and highway.

By nose do you mean a clear bra setup which is the front bumper and a portion of the hood?

By nose do you mean a clear bra setup which is the front bumper and a portion of the hood?
Yes. On my Camaro, essentially everything forward of the doors is PPF or wrapped. The 1LE hood comes wrapped from the factory. I will be putting PPF on the hood of the BW as well. It has saved me so much angst over the years. I have watched the rocks fly up off someones tires in front of me on the straights at Sebring or Daytona and just bounce off the hood wrap.

I'm debating myself on what I want to do. I usually do 2-3 track days a year and I need something. On my Supra I did full front end but I don't want to drop 2k again for that. I was thinking a clear bra style setup where the front bumper and first foot of the hood is covered. But I'm not sure how obvious that line will be on black paint. Or I could just do the painters tape/track armor setup.

Yes. On my Camaro, essentially everything forward of the doors is PPF or wrapped. The 1LE hood comes wrapped from the factory. I will be putting PPF on the hood of the BW as well. It has saved me so much angst over the years. I have watched the rocks fly up off someones tires in front of me on the straights at Sebring or Daytona and just bounce off the hood wrap.
This is basically what I did. PPF the front as well as the side skirts.

I didn't do any PPF on my C8 and regretted it.

I did full PPF on my front end. Full hood and fenders. You would never know it is there.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back