Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Road noise

twopigz

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 Cadillac CT5-V
I just bought a used (10k miles) 2022 CT5-V from out of state. There is ALOT of road noise that I don't remember having during a local test drive. I checked and it appears that it has the original tires on it. It came with the largest rims available (20") as an option (not aftermarket). Not sure if the road noise is because they are low profile tires, or if this is normal, or if I have an issue. Anyone else experience this? I would think that a Cadillac would have a nice, quiet ride. Not happy at all. TIA

I'm not aware of an option for 20", ahem, rims. Those will likely make a little more noise than an OEM 19".

Ahem? Take a look at window sticker
Screenshot_20221214_191727_Chrome.jpg

I'm not aware of an option for 20", ahem, rims. Those will likely make a little more noise than an OEM 19".
It's an option that shouldn't ever be checked for a Cadillac ride.

News to me. Seems like it would be a downgrade from what works best.

Yes, you could get a 20" wheel option on the non-Blackwing V, I remember this option when I tried ordering one. They are all-season run-flats and I'd guess you are hearing road noise. First things to check are proper inflation and alignment. The V is not a luxury-only Cadillac (it has some performance goodies from the Blackwing) so a quiet ride is probably not completely expected.

I'm going to take it into the dealer under warranty and have them check. I should not hear road noise over the stereo. I was just looking to see if others were hearing it too.

Yes, you could get a 20" wheel option on the non-Blackwing V, I remember this option when I tried ordering one. They are all-season run-flats and I'd guess you are hearing road noise. First things to check are proper inflation and alignment. The V is not a luxury-only Cadillac (it has some performance goodies from the Blackwing) so a quiet ride is probably not completely expected.
That would explain why I didn't get the option when I purchased a BLACKWING instead of a baby V.

Run crap tires are synonymous with road noise. I had them on my last Mercedes and dumped them with around 500 miles on them. Got a full size spare and put it in the trunk.

A 20" rim on the same vehicle designed for 19" wheels, will require a lower-profile tire resulting in increased noise

As the ducky mentioned, run-crap tires do tend to be noisier.

Also, the 20" wheels were a dealer installed option. Ahem. ;) It says so on the sticker.

Third, I was reading a review on Car & Driver (I think) on the CT5-V and they also mentioned that the ride noise was more than expected from a Cadillac.

I too think it's got a lot of road noise, but I have a BW with the hi-po MPS4S tires, so a lot of it comes from that.

Add to all that, there are 10K miles on the tires, and I think you'll find that what you are experiencing is "normal".

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back