Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Rear tail light lens lifting

Furinax

I just noticed this today on my 22 4BW. Anyone else have this issue? Sounds like a warranty claim.

IMG_20230905_180614.jpg

If I had to replace that part I would get the part under warranty and replace it myself. My dealer cannot be trusted to install this properly.

Most people on this forum can’t be trusted to install this properly, LOL! Have you read some of the posts lately? It’s like some people have never had a car or driven one before.

Most people on this forum can’t be trusted to install this properly, LOL! Have you read some of the posts lately? It’s like some people have never had a car or driven one before.
You’re right about that. I’ve read some crazy posts lately.

facepalm-picard.gif

Last edited:
Yes but if you want this covered under warranty you usually have to let the dealer handle it. Sad thing is that the dealer service rep told me since my car is wrapped he'll have to note it for the claim to the manufacturer. I didn't really think it made a difference but I also didn't feel like the service rep was on my side here.

I just noticed this today on my 22 4BW. Anyone else have this issue? Sounds like a warranty claim.

View attachment 21543
The Heavy set body shop guy is going to pop it out and BUFF it UP! Light a up cigarette and forget about it otherwise waste your precious human life hours on dealing with this.

Don’t bring up the idea of them not doing the install. The first step is they order the part. After the part arrives at the dealership ask to inspect the part. I’ve done this before with a shift console CF trim piece. This way you know the part is not defective to start with. I you decide not to have them do the work then start the discussion.

Hopefully your dealer is not as bad as mine. I was on my third CF trim piece they installed and they still didn’t do it correctly. The last time at least they didn’t damage the part installing it and I was able to take it apart and adjust the clips so it fit right. But I could have saved myself a lot of time by doing myself to start with. I talked with the service manager and he admitted that they had a lot of new techs. So the final attempt I asked for their most experienced tech to do the work. Like I said, it still wasn’t done right. I was just thankful that something else wasn’t damaged while my car was there.

For your situation I would be concerned that they’re going to F-up your PPF. Then you’re really SOL. They’re likely to mess up the trunk liner reinstall as well.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners