Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Rear Splash/Rock Guard Installation on CT5 BW

PrimeTime

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
22-5BW
Anyone try these rear splash guards on a 5BW yet?

I haven't. Personally, I'd prefer a cleaner look with PPF in that area but certainly am not begrudging those who prefer this option.

My installer applied PPF on lower rear quarters without my even requesting it.
Mudflaps are the equivalent of putting an extension on a miniskirt. PPF is like just making sure she's wearing stockings under her skirt.😁

Im looking for the protection aspect of the guards. I probably should have PPF the entire car but I didn't (front clip and some other bits). As a result of not having done so, I got a brand new chip in the paint. Looking to see what other options folks have with the 5BW's out there. Gonna track at some point , I'm pushing it every so often and so I'm picking up crap and slinging it back there. I'd like to add some guards maybe, if practical and they look ok. Some of the 4BW folks already found an alternative for the rears. This supplier says these fit the 5BW's, my dealer says nothing out there for the 5BW's exists thru GM as far as these accessories? Thanks for input.

Attachments

• 20230116_104228_resized.jpg
    20230116_104228_resized.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 56
May just correct and PPF like I should of from the start! LOL!

Anyone try these rear splash guards on a 5BW yet?

I bought some generic one from Amazon for a "CT5" and didnt line up with my 5BW. Ended up trashing them, worth a shot for less than $30.

I bought some generic one from Amazon for a "CT5" and didnt line up with my 5BW. Ended up trashing them, worth a shot for less than $30.
I looked at set on Amazon too. States fits 19-20 CT5. I emailed them to see pics of '19 with them on.🤣

I just cut and drilled a set of the Amazon cheapo flaps and they seem to work well enough. I got PPF on the whole car too but PPF won't save you from getting that area sand blasted by all the debris the wheels pick up. I got xpel 10 mil up front and regular thickness on the rest of the car and have many areas where debris nicked the PPF. 5600 miles of highway driving on I95.

I just cut and drilled a set of the Amazon cheapo flaps and they seem to work well enough. I got PPF on the whole car too but PPF won't save you from getting that area sand blasted by all the debris the wheels pick up. I got xpel 10 mil up front and regular thickness on the rest of the car and have many areas where debris nicked the PPF. 5600 miles of highway driving on I95.
What they look like?

I keep seeing ads for carbon fiber ones. Carbon guard I think. They look good, might give them a shot

I am a fan of mud guards, but those are hideous.
Buy a Dr Colorchip kit.
Just picked up this for the Summit, it's inevitable.

Looking at these as an option as well. I just don't want overkill with CF and the 5 looks "Gotti" if you get what I mean? I have those mirror caps which I love!

I do like these though, nice.

Attachments

• 20230120_141511_resized_1.jpg
    20230120_141511_resized_1.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 45

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC