Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Rear Axle System Off message

Eberk

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 ctsv4 bw
Anyone get this message after launching car? Have had this happen now twice. A10 2023 4BW with only 6,000 miles. Also get a flashing cel that goes out by itself.

Only thing I have seen is something about a wiring harness tsb that came out while back. Car is exactly a year old and haven’t had any issues at all with battery or anything else for that matter.
IMG_7745.jpeg

Last edited:
My traction/stability light was on as well then cleared itself along with cel. Must be something with eDiff and computer or something. Anyone else have this happen? Will take to dealer if it happens again.

This happened to me one time. I have a 6MT & usually drive with the first level traction control off. But that still won't let the car get crazy. So I did a high rpm clutch dump to get loose & when it started correcting, it felt like an abrupt hit the other direction as it cut power. I then got the flashing CEL & same message. I pulled over, restarted the car & everything was gone. Never happened again & when i wanna hoon, i make sure to turn everything off first!

This happened to me one time. I have a 6MT & usually drive with the first level traction control off. But that still won't let the car get crazy. So I did a high rpm clutch dump to get loose & when it started correcting, it felt like an abrupt hit the other direction as it cut power. I then got the flashing CEL & same message. I pulled over, restarted the car & everything was gone. Never happened again & when i wanna hoon, i make sure to turn everything off first!
Thanks for reply. I was in full traction control and figured with some wheel spin it messed with computer. I need to play with the settings and setup my mode and Vmode. I don’t really care for the suspension in anything but tour, I’m old lol. To be honest it’s kind of confusing. My hellcat was so easy to setup and when I wanted to play it was simple double tap.

Check engine light flashing usually means misfires. What codes does it throw? You have a jb4 correct?.. you sure your spark plugs are correctly gapped?

P25A2 looks like brake system control module.

What makes you think it could be from the plugs? The plugs were not gapped correctly out of the box like they claim. I gapped them down to .26 It was first plugs I have gapped but almost certain I did it correctly. Havent had any drivability issues. I even got the upgraded ignition coils and used lots of dialectic grease.

IMG_7764.jpeg

Just saw a TSB for this code and it’s for message service engine soon, which I think I may have also seen in the dash. The fix is a reprogram of brake system control module with latest software. I may have to take jb4 off and bring to dealer, or wait and see if it happens again.

You stated that the check engine light flashed, thus I am assuming from misfires. 9 times out of 10 it is from plugs on a boosted car.

You stated that the check engine light flashed, thus I am assuming from misfires. 9 times out of 10 it is from plugs on a boosted car.
I may have to pull plugs and recheck them but I’m sure I gapped them correctly.

It flashed, then did it again a couple days letter and threw a code. Funny thing was it was a code to something that wasn't related really. Honestly cant recall the code though.

Changed from the NGK plugs that same day back to the brisk plugs gapped correctly and haven't had an issue since.

Equally important a buddy of mine with a C7 Z06 got the same service rear axle message and it seemed from a cylinder 1 and 4 misfire.

It flashed, then did it again a couple days letter and threw a code. Funny thing was it was a code to something that wasn't related really. Honestly cant recall the code though.

Changed from the NGK plugs that same day back to the brisk plugs gapped correctly and haven't had an issue since.

Equally important a buddy of mine with a C7 Z06 got the same service rear axle message and it seemed from a cylinder 1 and 4 misfire

Did you have a jb4 plugged in at the time?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back