Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Real Carbon fiber shifter installed.

loudmofo

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V BLACKWING
So i got sick of how the shifter was always dirty "suede" so i ordered a real carbon fiber shifter.
1000009525.jpg

Attachments

• 20240501_124427.jpg
    20240501_124427.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 67
  • 20240501_130734.jpg
    20240501_130734.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 71
Yes, details please! And any info on how to do the swap would be much appreciated.

Oh that looks sharp… how’s the weave at the top of the knob, picture is a bit blurry. Now I got another itch…

Looks great.
So I could use some help. I bought a Raceseng shift knob. I figured out how to remove the shift knob/boot from the center console. However I cannot figure out how to remove the shift knob from the boot...any help/pictures would be appreciated. I've tried pushing inwards and outwards on the plastic shift knob tabs but I feel like if I force them, they'll just break.

How easy/difficult would it be to 3d print a Blackwing medallion for the top?

Looks great.
So I could use some help. I bought a Raceseng shift knob. I figured out how to remove the shift knob/boot from the center console. However I cannot figure out how to remove the shift knob from the boot...any help/pictures would be appreciated. I've tried pushing inwards and outwards on the plastic shift knob tabs but I feel like if I force them, they'll just break.
See the note in the attached service manual process. That's the same note in every console related task involving the shifter. It's not much help, but I didn't find anything in my service manual documents that describes separating them.

Attachments

• 1715003102499.png
    1715003102499.png
    288.5 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
See the note in the attached service manual process. That's the same note in every console related task involving the shifter. It's not much help, but I didn't find anything in my service manual documents that describes separating them.
So I can take the boot/knob off from the console: I completed this step already. I can NOT figure out how to remove the knob the boot, per my original post. That's what I'm asking help with.

Yes, already read these exact instructions. Was unable to duplicate the results, could not remove shift knob from boot. Plastic tabs did not budge at all. Was worried if I strained any further would break the plastic.

Yes, already read these exact instructions. Was unable to duplicate the results, could not remove shift knob from boot. Plastic tabs did not budge at all. Was worried if I strained any further would break the plastic.
It takes a little more force than I was comfortable with but it finally budged. I would love to print a new knob top or buy a new one.

It takes a little more force than I was comfortable with but it finally budged. I would love to print a new knob top or buy a new one.
The PN for the shifter is the entire assembly of knob and boot. I don’t believe the knob was intended to be removed. Although obviously it was placed on, so it can be taken off. Just be careful any plastic is not strained beyond yield as it would be very inconvenient to have the knob come off in your hand at the wrong time.

Finally got this apart. Agree it takes A LOT more effort than I'd imagine. I tried the Raceseng shift knob, liked it but didn't love it, so I reverted back to stock shift knob for now. Thanks all for the help.

Finally got this apart. Agree it takes A LOT more effort than I'd imagine. I tried the Raceseng shift knob, liked it but didn't love it, so I reverted back to stock shift knob for now. Thanks all for the help.
I'm not completely sold on the CF knob yet either. I vouldnt get the shift topper off the OEM shifter; I think it's glued in.

I'm not completely sold on the CF knob yet either. I vouldnt get the shift topper off the OEM shifter; I think it's glued in.
Are you talking about the 3D printed medallion being glued on?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back