Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Questions Regarding the Blackwing Reservation System and Allocation

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Not Yet!
So...as promised, I was able to get more information from Cadillac to some of the questions members here have been asking.

I figured I'd start a new thread as to not muddle-up other topics that are already going on.

If you have placed a Reservation with your $1,000 deposit and you want to change your reservation to another dealer:

• Dealer change request cutoff is March 5th! If you want to change dealers, you must do so before then!
  • Customers will NOT be submitting a deposit to the new dealer
  • The current dealer that holds your reservation must send to their District Sales Manager: the reservation holder's first and last name, and preferred new dealer
  • Original dealers should process refund
I'm confused about how the deposit is handled so I'm waiting for clarification.

I understand that customers are confused about placing orders and allocation, and when they might see their cars built after the initial 500 reservations are produced. As of right now, Cadillac has not released any details on allocation or when orders might start getting processed after the initial 500 are built. Cadillac dealers are in as much dark as the customers right now, so if the responses you receive from your Cadillac dealer seem vague - that's why.

If you want to place an order, there is a waiting list you can get on at Cadillac.com. How that waiting list is handled after production begins, I cannot say.

I'll continue to provide as much information in this thread as I can.

So...as promised, I was able to get more information from Cadillac to some of the questions members here have been asking.

I figured I'd start a new thread as to not muddle-up other topics that are already going on.

If you have placed a Reservation with your $1,000 deposit and you want to change your reservation to another dealer:

• Dealer change request cutoff is March 5th! If you want to change dealers, you must do so before then!
  • Customers will NOT be submitting a deposit to the new dealer
  • The current dealer that holds your reservation must send to their District Sales Manager: the reservation holder's first and last name, and preferred new dealer
  • Original dealers should process refund
I'm confused about how the deposit is handled so I'm waiting for clarification.

I understand that customers are confused about placing orders and allocation, and when they might see their cars built after the initial 500 reservations are produced. As of right now, Cadillac has not released any details on allocation or when orders might start getting processed after the initial 500 are built. Cadillac dealers are in as much dark as the customers right now, so if the responses you receive from your Cadillac dealer seem vague - that's why.

If you want to place an order, there is a waiting list you can get on at Cadillac.com. How that waiting list is handled after production begins, I cannot say.

I'll continue to provide as much information in this thread as I can.
It's my understanding that they've closed the waiting lists.

That's news to me. I'll try to find out more tomorrow
Where previously, you could click to join the waiting list on Cadillac’s site, now you can just click to get updates.

So just a followup to this thread from yesterday:

The waiting list has been closed. You are able to walk-in to your local Cadillac dealer, configure an order in GM's Order Work Bench system and put down a deposit...IF your dealer is accepting deposits for the Blackwings.

Cadillac has every intention of building as many as they can, however, Cadillac dealers are completely in the dark in terms of allocation, how allocation will be defined, which dealers will receive allocation, when dealers will receive allocation and when orders will be able to be placed in the system.

It's expected that the initial 500 reserved Blackwings will start hitting the ground at the end of July through August. I was told at this point, not to expect to be able to submit an order until early Fall.

That obviously brings into question - how will the waiting list orders be handled in relation to someone that just walks into a dealer, and puts down a deposit. I wish I had that answer...

All of this is one big "?" because even some of the lower levels of Cadillac internally are in the dark which is why the dealerships are in the dark.

Long story short, I was given the impression from my source that planning for all of this, was poorly planned.

I'm still waiting for clarification on switching dealers as it relates to the $1,000 reservation deposit.

So just a followup to this thread from yesterday:

The waiting list has been closed. You are able to walk-in to your local Cadillac dealer, configure an order in GM's Order Work Bench system and put down a deposit...IF your dealer is accepting deposits for the Blackwings.

Cadillac has every intention of building as many as they can, however, Cadillac dealers are completely in the dark in terms of allocation, how allocation will be defined, which dealers will receive allocation, when dealers will receive allocation and when orders will be able to be placed in the system.

It's expected that the initial 500 reserved Blackwings will start hitting the ground at the end of July through August. I was told at this point, not to expect to be able to submit an order until early Fall.

That obviously brings into question - how will the waiting list orders be handled in relation to someone that just walks into a dealer, and puts down a deposit. I wish I had that answer...

All of this is one big "?" because even some of the lower levels of Cadillac internally are in the dark which is why the dealerships are in the dark.

Long story short, I was given the impression from my source that planning for all of this, was poorly planned.

I'm still waiting for clarification on switching dealers as it relates to the $1,000 reservation deposit.
Let's just hope that they build to order rather than build for inventory. Blackwings sitting on lots will inevitably drive the prices down and hurt the early adapters.

Reactions: Rob
Let's just hope that they build to order rather than build for inventory. Blackwings sitting on lots will inevitably drive the prices down and hurt the early adapters.
Inventory managers appear to be the lowest form of human life: non-car people, making car decisions for everyone...

OK, that's probably not completely fair, but having seen it play out, I can't help myself. Part of me was at the point of tears watching what they did to the Chevy SS. But also, the whole thing had me cracking up, as they took a niche, low volume product and managed to cause them to languish on lots for months because they don't actually understand anything about cars or enthusiasts.

Reactions: Rob
Inventory managers appear to be the lowest form of human life: non-car people, making car decisions for everyone...

OK, that's probably not completely fair, but having seen it play out, I can't help myself. Part of me was at the point of tears watching what they did to the Chevy SS. But also, the whole thing had me cracking up, as they took a niche, low volume product and managed to cause them to languish on lots for months because they don't actually understand anything about cars or enthusiasts.
Truer words have never been spoken....right there with ya regarding the Chevy SS and a long list of others...

Did you own SS? Fortunately, I had a pleasure of owning one twice and totally agree with you.
On top of the stupid inventory decision the total lack of understand or advertisement from Chevy was even worse. Looks like Caddy is following same path with these BWs.

Did you own SS? Fortunately, I had a pleasure of owning one twice and totally agree with you.
On top of the stupid inventory decision the total lack of understand or advertisement from Chevy was even worse. Looks like Caddy is following same path with these BWs.
I have a 2015 and, since I missed the order window by like a day, I was forced to buy from inbound inventory. Every dealer in town ordered one of two configurations: Manual with no options or the loaded golf cart. Most were the 2-pedal golf carts.

Very few of the manuals made it to the showroom floor- most were picked up before they ever touched US soil by guys like me. Any that did, were gone in days. What sat on dealer's lots: autos, mostly in black and white.

I would argue they didn't need better marketing, they needed better ordering by the dealerships. Bottom line, more manuals, more manuals with options, and less 'safe' colors would have made a huge difference in how the car sold.

Like I said, I really hate inventory managers. ;) Not as much as I hate automatics, but a lot!

I have a 2015 and, since I missed the order window by like a day, I was forced to buy from inbound inventory. Every dealer in town ordered one of two configurations: Manual with no options or the loaded golf cart. Most were the 2-pedal golf carts.

Very few of the manuals made it to the showroom floor- most were picked up before they ever touched US soil by guys like me. Any that did, were gone in days. What sat on dealer's lots: autos, mostly in black and white.

I would argue they didn't need better marketing, they needed better ordering by the dealerships. Bottom line, more manuals, more manuals with options, and less 'safe' colors would have made a huge difference in how the car sold.

Like I said, I really hate inventory managers. ;) Not as much as I hate automatics, but a lot!
Totally agree. When I was looking for one back in 2015, all I could find were Autos in black but got lucky and found a SLIHR with all goodies (and manual) sitting at a dealer in Florida. He didn't want to make a deal but my local dealer was able to get it from them.

LOL, good thing is that at least we share the hate for autos and that's part or the reason I haven't bought a car since 2017 and just waiting for a SS replacement

Last edited:
What happened to the SS pales in comparison to what happened with the 5th Gen Z/28 and the 6th Gen ZL1 1LE. That was just criminal.

What happened to the SS pales in comparison to what happened with the 5th Gen Z/28 and the 6th Gen ZL1 1LE. That was just criminal.
Oh? do tell. I don't follow the Camaros.

I want to, but they're so unlivable as a daily driver. GM has gotten so good at chassis, engines, and suspensions- but why they don't expand that into some adjacent space and take over market share is beyond me. Can you imagine and Alpha-based Impala? Or a Buick Regal? Or if they'd brought back the Blazer as the Camaro SUV they implied with the styling, then failed to deliver?!? I would totally buy a Blazer if it were a 4-door, AWD, SUV equivalent to the Camaro SS.

Sorry, tangent. What happened with the Zs?

Oh? do tell. I don't follow the Camaros.

I want to, but they're so unlivable as a daily driver. GM has gotten so good at chassis, engines, and suspensions- but why they don't expand that into some adjacent space and take over market share is beyond me. Can you imagine and Alpha-based Impala? Or a Buick Regal? Or if they'd brought back the Blazer as the Camaro SUV they implied with the styling, then failed to deliver?!? I would totally buy a Blazer if it were a 4-door, AWD, SUV equivalent to the Camaro SS.

Sorry, tangent. What happened with the Zs?
In 2015, over production for the Z/28 led to Z/28s languishing on dealer’s lots to sell for $20k under MSRP.

In 2018, with apparently no lessons learned from the previous Z/28 debacle, they again over produced the ZL1 1LEs leading to those languishing on the dealer’s lots to sell for between $10-$13k under MSRP. It was rumored that 750 ZL1 1LEs would be produced in 2018. The actual numbers were over double that.

These were both niche performance vehicles like the Blackwings are. Let’s hope that history does not repeat itself for the 3rd time.

You can only imagine what these markdowns from overproduction do to the value of previously owned cars.

Last edited:
1614615575764.png

you can always just lease the car and see what the market is before the end of the term.

Is there any way to find out how many are going to each state per the 500 numbered cars?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back