Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Quarter Mile and 60ft times Manual Transmission

So took the car to the track for the first time this weekend. Managed to get 11.8 at 120mph with a 1.9 60. Couldn't for the life of me figure how to use the launch control. Had it in V mode, set PTM on sports, Race 1 and Race 2, couldn't figure out how to initiate it. Tried playing around with it in automatic and custom, left it in the default since I just wanted to see what it would first, but had no luck. Am I supposed to line up, hold the brake like im initiating line lock, then rev it and dump the clutch?

What are your launch parameter set to on the guage cluster?

What are your launch parameter set to on the guage cluster?
Tried leaving it on auto and tried to set it to the custom setting (iirc it was 2800 rpm and 5% slip?). Im just trying to figure out what the actual steps are to actually trigger it on a manual.

If you are in ptm race 1 or 2 it's automatic. Push the clutch in, in first gear and put the throttle to the floor. You don't have to be on the screen or push any buttons.

Here's mine. Ct4, 6speed. Stock tires. Track was cold and there wasn't much traction.

Attachments

• PXL_20221030_142414602.MP.jpg
    PXL_20221030_142414602.MP.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 171
If you are in ptm race 1 or 2 it's automatic. Push the clutch in, in first gear and put the throttle to the floor. You don't have to be on the screen or push any buttons.
So set it to PTM race 1 or 2, leave it in gear and the RPM should stay where its set at without having to do anything else to initialize it? I guess i was just worried the car might roll off the line and the reason I kept my foot on the brake. I was trying to heel toe it and it was revving pass the rpm setting for the LC.

Tried leaving it on auto and tried to set it to the custom setting (iirc it was 2800 rpm and 5% slip?). Im just trying to figure out what the actual steps are to actually trigger it on a manual.
Set it to %15 and work your way down. I just leave it at 15.

So took the car to the track for the first time this weekend. Managed to get 11.8 at 120mph with a 1.9 60.
Any chance you could share your time slip?

Don’t laugh…🤣
Not a chance. That's a solid starting point!

What was the date and clock time on this slip? Which transmission do you have? And what is the name of the track?

Not a chance. That's a solid starting point!

What was the date and clock time on this slip? Which transmission do you have? And what is the name of the track?
This was on 29 OCT, 8pm at Brandenton Motorsports Park. Manual and no launch control on stock wheels.

This was on 29 OCT, 8pm at Brandenton Motorsports Park. Manual and no launch control on stock wheels.
Have you figured it out since? You have to be in Track mode Race1/2 correct? V-Mode won't initiate LC/LL despite PTM settings right? Mine is 30 miles from engine break in. Have some time to go before I try either. Just taking notes!

Got to the track last Friday. Best pass was a 11.661 @ 123.32. First time back to the dragstrip in over 10 years. It was during a private track rental so I got 18 passes to try different launch methods, burnouts, etc. That was at Island Dragway in north NJ. My car was saying the outside temp on the track was 80*. Car is a '22 CT5BW, 6spd.
Best 60ft was 1.967, so I have room for improvement. I'm optimisticly hoping that next spring, drag radials and cooler temps will get me down to an 11.3 around 124.
I had been hesitant to do a decent burnout in fear of killing my tires early, but I figure they'll dry rot before I wear the tread down. So a few times wont matter. Car has only 3600 miles, and tires are almost 2 years old already. Once I have the drag radials I'll be fine, just need to buy oem wheels now.

Here are my best times slips. All 18 passes were made within 2hrs and 11min. Last pass only recorded r/t and 60ft, but everyone watching said it was my best pass and should have been another 11.6/11.5.
20231031_191740.jpg

Last edited:
MY understanding of 'best drag' settings is Sport - Competitive Mode. Gives you 100% engine power, enables launch control (if you want it. I always found it to be slightly slow, but very consistent), and PTM 'disabled'. PTM is not desirable on a drag strip.

MY understanding of 'best drag' settings is Sport - Competitive Mode. Gives you 100% engine power, enables launch control (if you want it. I always found it to be slightly slow, but very consistent), and PTM 'disabled'. PTM is not desirable on a drag strip.
Interesting. I couldn't find an exact answer as to which mode to use. I ran like 95% of my runs in ptm-sport mode, mainly to use launch control. I didn't even think to check if it was available in sport/competitive mode. Definitely have to look into that, thanks for the info

Interesting. I couldn't find an exact answer as to which mode to use. I ran like 95% of my runs in ptm-sport mode, mainly to use launch control. I didn't even think to check if it was available in sport/competitive mode. Definitely have to look into that, thanks for the info
I'm not a drag strip guy. My only experience with the tree is at ProSolo events. Perhaps @WONT TAP will tell us what settings/procedures they use to launch?

I'm not a drag strip guy. My only experience with the tree is at ProSolo events. Perhaps @WONT TAP will tell us what settings/procedures they use to launch?
At the track on drag tires, we turn off all forms of Traction and Stability control. On street tires, you'll have to experiment to find what works best in your particular conditions.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back