Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Quarter Mile and 60ft times Manual Transmission

JTG

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
22 ct5 Blackwing
Hey guys, havn't seen alot of content regarding manual trans 1/4 mile times. I cant seem to better 1.8 60ft 11.8 124mph where magazine reports seem to be getting much better 60ft, quarter mile, and MPH. Anyone else have some comparable data to share? Any tricks with the manual trans Launch Control?

Hey guys, havn't seen alot of content regarding manual trans 1/4 mile times. I cant seem to better 1.8 60ft 11.8 124mph where magazine reports seem to be getting much better 60ft, quarter mile, and MPH. Anyone else have some comparable data to share? Any tricks with the manual trans Launch Control?
1.8 (60) is decent. Most of the time the Mag's run-on prepped tracks with proper cool down methods

Could you please post a screen shot of your best time slip?

Do you have the carbon ceramic brakes? The faster magazine times have all been with the carbon ceramics. The 60 pounds of rotational mass make a difference.

Could you please post a screen shot of your best time slip?
I didn't keep the timeslips from the prepped track visit that yielded the 11.8 pass. For reference, that pass was with a 1.9 60ft at 122.xx. I do however have the 3 passes done at a no prep from yesterday. The 124.72 slip is my highest mph to date. See attached

Attachments

• IMG_3265.JPG
    IMG_3265.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 138
Do you have the carbon ceramic brakes? The faster magazine times have all been with the carbon ceramics. The 60 pounds of rotational mass make a difference.
yes sir.. carbon ceramics onboard

1.8 (60) is decent. Most of the time the Mag's run-on prepped tracks with proper cool down methods
1.8 was on a prepped track not using launching control. I was hoping someone would chime in and post some references and tips on its use. I'm having a hard time preloading the car without an ebrake.. was hoping I was missing something with the Launch Control since it already has a 2step function and line lock but their not available to be used in conjunction at the light.

Looks like your time slips were from Capital Raceway on August 13. Around 4:00 that day the density air was ~ 1,800'. This would make your car 0.2 to 0.3 second slower than if you raced with density air of 0'. Give it two months are your air will be that good on the coast.

Source: Capitol Raceway - Weather History from Air Density Online

1.8 was on a prepped track not using launching control. I was hoping someone would chime in and post some references and tips on its use. I'm having a hard time preloading the car without an ebrake.. was hoping I was missing something with the Launch Control since it already has a 2step function and line lock but their not available to be used in conjunction at the light.
I didn't use my line lock as I didn't want to chew through tires when I was certain I wanted to go back to an M2... But.. I feel like In theory you should be able to do line lock to prep the tires then Launch control at the light once ready.

Make sure either a) your traction control setting (PTM) is set to sport or higher. Sounds like you know what you're doing so race 2 should be fine. Or b) make sure you're in V mode which will change the PTM to whatever you have set in the settings automatically

Thank you for all the replies. I should have been more clear. Im not as concerned about the E.T., more focused on 60 foot times. I have some success with the launch control but do not see an advantage with its use for repeatable 1.xx 60 foot times. I’m going to try a couple things with a focus on at the line preload. Please continue to weigh with any ideas. Everyone’s comments are much appreciated.

11.34 at 128 is my best run with only a 1.90 60'. Attached is the timeslip. Car #14
1134 TIMESLIP BLACKWING.jpg

Wow, that’s amazing. My mph is way lower. This is a manual trans?
Yes, manual transmission, no exterior carbon besides the carbon ceramic brakes.

I didn't keep the timeslips from the prepped track visit that yielded the 11.8 pass. For reference, that pass was with a 1.9 60ft at 122.xx. I do however have the 3 passes done at a no prep from yesterday. The 124.72 slip is my highest mph to date. See attached
Very nice! Does your CT5-V Blackwing have the A10 or M6 transmission? And do you happen to know the official race weight of the car from that day at the track?

It is a 6speed. I’ve never weighed the car. I’ll have to stop by a weigh station and report back

Best 60 ft you will ever get in the 5 bw is 1.70. The factory tranny tune pulls power on the launch to keep the driveshaft from breaking

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back