Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Pics without Carbon Fiber package?

CT5-V Model
Oh, and its been talked about before in one of the many threads/post....

Your registry entry says VP1 Front Splitter. Mine does too and I made sure that the salesman had it checked. Are we trolling? I seriously can't even tell anymore.
I can guarantee that my salesman did not check it. I am not trolling. so maybe I am lucky it ended up on there... but we did not mark that.

Last edited:
I can guarantee that my salesman did not check it. I am not trolling. so maybe I am lucky it ended up on there... but we did not mark that.
:unsure: But did you select VSN - no splitter?

@Rob this is completely a vanity project and may never be used again in the history of the registry, but are you able to make VSN a searchable RPO code? Or can you tell us if any customer CT5 have made it out with VSN? Feel free to tell me to buzz off. :cool:

:unsure: But did you select VSN - no splitter?

@Rob this is completely a vanity project and may never be used again in the history of the registry, but are you able to make VSN a searchable RPO code? Or can you tell us if any customer CT5 have made it out with VSN? Feel free to tell me to buzz off. :cool:
I'm totally confused....

When it comes to the Registry, I can pretty much program it anyway I need to...

With that said, there has been only 6 CT5-V Blackwings built with RPO VSN - FRONT SPLITTER. They were early build, Captured Test Fleet cars used by GM for various events.

VSN doesn't look like it was a front splitter delete option.

So, I don't think VSN means - "no splitter"?

vsn.png

Thanks @Rob , I think that settles it. VSN seems to be some kind of placeholder that only appeared on preproduction cars, and even if you specifically omit VP1 as per @burn813 experience, it's being installed on cars that leave the factory.

En inglés por favor?
I'm probably not the best person to explain this, as I'm new to the world of GM. But the table I pasted is part of the "Order Guide" which can be found in the sticky threads. VSN and VP1 are RPO codes for front splitters. RPO codes, as far as I have learned, apply both to things you can order, like optional wheels or interior packages, as well as non-optional build items like airbags.

Mirza, one of the lead Blackwing engineers, posted that we *should* order the no-cost splitter - apparently 6 test fleet cars went out without them. I'm a pedant and like trying to understand how all this works, so have taken this thread *way* off the rails for my own amusement - and for that I apologize. But a nonzero part of me still wants to see what a VSN "Front Splitter - none" car would look like.

tl;dr - You can get the base splitter, or the carbon 1 package splitter, but not *no* splitter on a customer 5BW.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back