Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Parking sensors and reverse camera malfunctions

emdough

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-V BW MT
When reversing the other day the rear view camera would not work. Tried restarting the car a few times and nothing. Only after the car being off for a few hours did it come back. Today when pulling into the garage the front parking sensors didn’t work. Anyone else experience this? Seems like some electrical gremlins showing up.

The parking sensors seem to perform erratically for me. Going into my garage under the same conditions sometimes they activate sometimes they don’t. Never really thought about it much. My primary parking sensor is between my ears.

Isnt there a parking sensor recall? Believe my dealer just did mine while it was in the shop for some other work.

Isnt there a parking sensor recall? Believe my dealer just did mine while it was in the shop for some other work.
Just checked based on VIN and no current recalls?

Last edited:
Mine tend to be extremely erratic.
I'll just be sitting still in my garage and it'll beep a warning and then go away, then beep a warning again but closer, and continually do that with nothing moving or changing distances.

On top of that, I'll randomly see my passenger side mirror correct its position upon startup as if it hadn't gone back to the correct spot after reversing during the prior drive.

Not to mention my audio system randomly either won't show track/song info updates or will just be blank for the entirety of the drive and will have to be powered off and back on to get it going again.

These cars definitely have random issues. It is annoying, but it's not enough to ruin my drive or the overall experience. Usually that is ruined by other assholes on the road.

KISS - start with with a battery check when you see multiple random electrical items. Followed by grounding checks in my experience.

The "recall" is for the missing sensors when built, I believe. I have the recall and will be seeing my dealer in a few weeks.

“Park assist module” is the verbiage the dealership used when telling me what they replaced. Don’t know if that has anything to do with the parking sensor thing yall are talking about.

I'm sorry, yes, I was referring to the module. The sensors are there.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back