Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

On Star trial

You are probable not going to like this but here goes. Get an Apple phone, it is slightly more secure than an android and Apple Car Play is more intuitive than android. You then have your choice of Apple Maps, MapQuest, Waze or even Google Maps all with free lifetime updates. We don't have unlimited data and I use Apple Maps all the time plus Pandora and have never had a data issue.
My 5BW does have the SD card from Cadillac so I have their navigation system and it doesn't stack up well against the others. I tried it out a few times but quit using it all together.
The other nice thing about Apple is that I can show my wife (who isn't great with technology) how to use it on her phone and that translates well to using it in the car. She can search for places on her phone and then as soon as Apple Car Play connects, go into Apple Maps and off she goes.
Sorry I'm an Android type, the main advantage of using your cell with either app is instant traffic and detour info. My only issue is I always enter my info on my phone/Google maps prior to connecting to Android auto. Just easier interface using phone.
I never used my On Star during trial.

I’m 70, long past my youth! Now you can realize how silly your post sounds. What a dummy!
Old Man Fighting GIF by Laff

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners