Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

On It's Way Finally!!!! Recommended Break In Window and Threshold?

PrimeTime

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
22-5BW
So finally I'm one step closer to delivery!

Can some one please help clear up what the proper LT-4 Blackwing Break In and Threshold Restrictions ie; speed, RPM's Etc....are during that break in period?

The V has been on my wish list for a very long time, and I'm glad to see I'm will join you fine folks as part of the family soon!

Thanks for you're help in advance.

It's all in the manual I think. RPMs restriction is suggested in the gauge cluster (if you got a manual) if you got an auto I think it won't let you go past 4500 rpm. The one thing I found funny was the suggestion to not go over 80 mph

Thanks for the feedback, got an automatic on its way. Leg issue :(

Not going over 80 MPH does seam a little ironic lol in these Beasts!

Thanks again!

500 miles engine 1500 miles rear diff. Replace rear diff fluid after first track day. First oil change should be free

Thanks for the info, the Q50 is picture is cool! Have a tuned 2018 3.0...quick car, fun to drive.

Thanks for the info, the Q50 is picture is cool! Have a tuned 2018 3.0...quick car, fun to drive.
It’s fun, but it’s issue is heat management at the track. I can’t go even 1 full lap at anything other than stock boost levels without heat problems unless it’s under 60 degrees. It’s actually faster with the stock tune bc of this. If it’s over 75 degrees the engine gets too hot and you gotta do cooldown laps about every 4-5 laps. This was with an AMS heat exchanger, and the two auxiliary coolant tanks (one that replaces stock as well as the giant one that hides in the fender) plus meth. Larger intercoolers is the only thing I had left and those are big money & wasn’t something I was gonna do knowing my Cadillac has been sitting built since March.

My BW arrived this week and as soon as those break in miles are in we’re gonna stress test the crap out of it in some 100 degree heat at the track to see how it can fare

Nicceee! Temp control in SFLA is always a problem with typical ambients here HOT ALL THE TIME. I zip around town in it and it runs great. It's a reliable street car however, mine is not for the track, just has a little "pep" to it. You're Q50 on the other hand is a pretty cool car, as for the BW congratulations on getting your car! OUTSTANDING! Let her do what she was born to do and see what happens!!! I love the fact that these BW are drivers and not garage queens! Thanx again for the insight. Much appreciated!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back