Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Ok this requires its own thread - the cabin is TOO QUIET!

theprototype

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5V Blackwing
Lord almighty I keep holding out hope that the engine will finally break in and I’ll get to hear the rumble of this thing that makes supercar numbers. Over 1k miles tho and still sounds like a damn tesla inside. My toddlers get better sleep in the blackwing than they do in their cribs at home! What was Cadillac thinking?!

Do you have the exhaust valves open in the drive mode you've selected/customized?
Also, what's your baseline? If you're coming from a Hellcat or some of the older AMGs for instance, you're going to be disappointed from a sound perspective.

Do you have the exhaust valves open in the drive mode you've selected/customized?
Also, what's your baseline? If you're coming from a Hellcat or some of the older AMGs for instance, you're going to be disappointed from a sound perspective.
My mode has the exhaust slider all the way to the right. Is there anything else I need to change?

As for your second question, it’s a valid one. I did come from this (see vid if the attachment works) but I wouldn’t go back for anything. I love the blackwing!

Attachments

• IMG_3869.MOV
    28.4 MB
Lord almighty I keep holding out hope that the engine will finally break in and I’ll get to hear the rumble of this thing that makes supercar numbers. Over 1k miles tho and still sounds like a damn tesla inside. My toddlers get better sleep in the blackwing than they do in their cribs at home! What was Cadillac thinking?!

The internet needs a designated sarcasm font.

They were thinking let's build a legit track weapon but with all the refinement of an executive sedan.

It's supposed to check all the boxes equals well.

Handle as good or better than an Mcar.
Luxury appointments and cabin refinement of the Benz ,

Yet cost less than the Germans and still...
Accelerate like good ole American muscle.

So yep its supposed to quietly pin your ears back, so you can smile bigger....

Tapout Tuning can fix this for you. :)

I agree, the cabin is too quiet (with respect to the exhaust). The only problem is, do you want more fake noise pumped in? I drove through some tunnels today, and downshifted with a pull, and free revved a couple of times and scared the crap out of myself. It is pretty loud outside, so just make sure you always drive through tunnels with the windows down.

I like the idea of having it be quiet when I need to be inside. Both the 4 and 5 are beastly outside the car when you get on it. BWs definitely make their presence felt. They took a lot of steps to make cabin quiet when needed but then again I not a super loud car exhaust guy, coming from bikes, it's just not comparable.

I like the idea of having it be quiet when I need to be inside. Both the 4 and 5 are beastly outside the car when you get on it. BWs definitely make their presence felt. They took a lot of steps to make cabin quiet when needed but then again I not a super loud car exhaust guy, coming from bikes, it's just not comparable.
lol, I like loud bikes tho!

removing the trunk mat helped a bit on my 5V….there’s like a solid inch of sound deadening on the bottom of it lol

lol, I like loud bikes tho!

Me too! But a car simply will never compare to an 1190 twin race bike with just earplugs and a helmet to keep from going deaf. When I start my bike it sets off my neighbors car alarms in their garages, Hehehehe. You can feel it in your whole body. I like my cars to be heard but that's an experience they simply can't match. The BWs are actually quite visceral from outside. On track the windows are down so we get the full monty in terms of sound, when you'd want it the most...

😬

TBF it'll just be like driving on Laguna Seca - i.e. let 'er rip all around the track and lift at the sound hut.
We had some red light cameras in Arizona. Although they are slowly being eliminated because they don’t generate the revenue promised by the camera companies. What people know is that you don’t have to pay the ticket if you are not served. Meaning someone needs to track down the alleged offender and hand them a ticket. I believe they have 6 months to do so, otherwise the ticket goes away.

It does sound good from the outside tho. A few times now, I’ve been outside with the pup when the wife was coming home and you can definitely hear it before you see it. Her settings are low too.

😬

TBF it'll just be like driving on Laguna Seca - i.e. let 'er rip all around the track and lift at the sound hut.
I'd love for this to have some teeth, once they get past the pilot. The amount of shitty sounding aftermarket fartcans that are also annoyingly loud must be about 100%

And yes, get off my lawn! Lol

I'd love for this to have some teeth, once they get past the pilot. The amount of shitty sounding aftermarket fartcans that are also annoyingly loud must be about 100%

And yes, get off my lawn! Lol
I would be in favor of adding harmonic analysis so it only dings straight piped Civics and anything with a VQ engine :LOL:

Side note; although a sunroof is oft criticized for adding weight (kind of moot in the BW IMO) it's pretty nice to let 'er rip with the sunroof open in a tunnel...

I would be in favor of adding harmonic analysis so it only dings straight piped Civics and anything with a VQ engine :LOL:

Side note; although a sunroof is oft criticized for adding weight (kind of moot in the BW IMO) it's pretty nice to let 'er rip with the sunroof open in a tunnel...
Ha! I'm still trying to figure out the best gears/rev range for my 4BW going through the Caldecot, I had it down with the M2C whether slow or fast.
And to the OP, being quieter and having more sound deadening does make it tougher.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back