Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Oil Analysis Blackstone Labs-Post here

Neveready

Seasoned Member
I figured I'd start a thread for those of you want to share your oil analysis reports.

1st Oil change at 500 mi (mainly because the factory fill had been sitting in the engine for at least 10 months.; Lot of doom, sat at the dealer for however long before I got it).
2nd oil change at 4,279 mi

I'm no expert at reading these but this report didn't give me the warm and fuzzys. Considering the amount of wear particles and silicon sealers I'm glad I changed it early. I believe this should improve but others feel free to chime in. I'll continue to run these and post as mileage inceases.
Screenshot_20230310_151424_Gallery.jpg

I plan on sending them two virgin oil samples.
1. Mobil 1 EPS X3 0W-40
2. Mobil 1 Supercar 0W-40

I want to check what black stone has to say about it and similarities.

The LS3 in my '17 SS still had marginally high aluminum as late as 11k mi. Every oil change since then was perfect until I sold it at 51k so I just chalked it up to a lengthy full break in.

Here is my report from my 1,500 mile oil change. I did not change the filter at this time and plan to change the oil again at 5,000 miles or when the oil life meter tells me , whichever comes first.
20230515_105431~2.jpg

Not terrible for the factory oil. Dumped Amsoil in there, so will see what the numbers are in another 5k.

22 CADILLAC-oil report Sept 2023.jpg

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners