Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

OEM Battery Tender

The C7 model had a 12v cigar adapter end and a receptacle in the trunk, at least for my Z06 and it worked well. I am using a Norco 10 on by BW and hooking it up to the posts under the hood. My smaller 0.75a and 1.5a tenders would also work under the hood but not as well. But the Norco is more like 4a so works quickly under the hood.

I'm having Cadillac install one of those on the battery in the trunk now.

First time not using the OEM charger, and my NOCO 2D is doing just fine. Mounted it to the battery cover after I wrapped it in felt. Snipped the EYELETS to slip between the battery terminal bolts. Permanently mounted and easily accessible now.

Attachments

• 20221118_094727.jpg
    20221118_094727.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 96
  • 20221118_112345.jpg
    20221118_112345.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 94
  • 20221118_201858.jpg
    20221118_201858.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 99
  • 20221118_113519.jpg
    20221118_113519.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 103
  • 20221118_113519.jpg
    20221118_113519.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 94
For what it is worth I am using this product via the jumper posts under the hood and it seems to work just fine
Same for me. First time I used it car was sitting for 4 days and it took 12 hours to show fully charged.
No need to go into trunk.

The reason I avoided the trunk is because I knew sooner or later I would forget it was connected before backing out of the garage, lol. With the hood slightly opened I notice it immediately.

Same for me. First time I used it car was sitting for 4 days and it took 12 hours to show fully charged.
No need to go into trunk.

The reason I avoided the trunk is because I knew sooner or later I would forget it was connected before backing out of the garage, lol. With the hood slightly opened I notice it immediately.
x1000 identical reasons why I use this area, works like a charm!

How many volts does the car keep battery charged? I’m at 14v and the car just got delivered. Based on all the dirt gunk that was trapped between car wrap, I’m sure she sat for a bit at GM lot.

got my battery tender hooked up. Took a bit of wrangling the trunk liner and battery top lid inside the liner (toughest part of job). I put my battery tender wires onto the bolt on the vise that connects to the battery. Figured out it was a M6 but. Got a nylon stainless nut and bolted onto the remaining thread of the bolt on the vise.
F6A5F124-835C-4361-A8B3-F081318EDD10.jpeg
1E1DAE7B-DE00-430E-8BBA-5C87B8475B97.jpeg

How many volts does the car keep battery charged? I’m at 14v and the car just got delivered. Based on all the dirt gunk that was trapped between car wrap, I’m sure she sat for a bit at GM lot.
Thats what has always been normal in my Corvette, Camaro, Cadillac,

14V while the engine (and alternator) is running is what you should see. A resting battery in the car should be 12.6v. Mine runs 12.0-12.4 measured at the engine compartment +/- terminals. But I have a 2 ch dashcam with parking mode operating so I would expect I have more parasitic battery drain while the motor is off than most.

Any tracking of the volt gauge is going to show fluctuations based on demand (i.e. it's going to move around a lot).

that is one of the lower model CTEK chargers with a logo slapped on. you can buy a higher end CTEK for half the $ vs the branded one. This what i use on my cars https://www.amazon.com/CTEK-40-206-...ocphy=9023866&hvtargid=pla-461267516060&psc=1. the quick disconnect where it is permanently wired to the battery so you don't have to use the clips is nice.

for those worried about driving off with it still connected there is a great magnetic disconnect made that a lot of vette guys use Magnetic Battery Charger Hookup - RPIDesigns.com

that is one of the lower model CTEK chargers with a logo slapped on. you can buy a higher end CTEK for half the $ vs the branded one. This what i use on my cars https://www.amazon.com/CTEK-40-206-...ocphy=9023866&hvtargid=pla-461267516060&psc=1. the quick disconnect where it is permanently wired to the battery so you don't have to use the clips is nice.

for those worried about driving off with it still connected there is a great magnetic disconnect made that a lot of vette guys use Magnetic Battery Charger Hookup - RPIDesigns.com
This is the same CTEX model I use with zero issues.

Took my “Battery Protection Package” charger out of its box for the first time today and hooked it up.
Is this thing any good?
The manual that comes with it is pretty useless. The English is poor and basic information is missing. Such as some kind of assurance that it stops charging when a full charge is reached.
Anybody here have any experience with one of these?
View attachment 14409
Trickle charger season has returned.
Anyone know what the reset button on this thing is supposed to do?
As noted in my original post, the manual that comes with it is pretty useless.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back