Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

No volume knob for either 6 speed manual Blackwing?

jadis192

Am I seeing pre-production cars that are missing it? Or did Cadillac really remove all the volume knobs from the manual transmission cars? Both the automatic and manual have the knobs removed from the dashboard, but the manual also has it removed along with the idrive controller on the console. I really hope this is not the case and it is just pre-production models without it.

In the Order Guide, the automatic transmission "Includes Rotary infotainment controller."

Thanks for the reply. I know the automatic includes the rotary controller as well as the volume knob right next to it. My question is does anyone know if manual transmission cars will have any knob? From photos it looks like both automatic and manual cars have the knob removed from the dashboard for some reason.

If the manual has it removed from the dash, and also does not have a rotary controller, how are we to adjust the volume? Wheel controls or frustrating touch screen?

Just looking for clarity. If I order one and it shows up with no way to adjust volume other than steering wheel controls or the touch screen I think I will regret the purchase. Makes no sense why Cadillac would punish manual drivers in this way.

I see the audio controls on the dashboard with the 6 speed (CT5-V BW). Do not know what you mean. The rotary controller is not there for the 6 speed but seems to have nothing to do with the audio controls.
1613776346569.png

So this may be the info I'm looking for. The photos everywhere else have no dials on the dash. See the brochures from the website

So this may be the info I'm looking for. The photos everywhere else have no dials on the dash. See the brochures from the website
Actually, you do raise an interesting point that numerous online and press photos do not show knobs under the screen.

Cadillac online brochure (360 interior view)

1613789864985.png

Car and Driver

1613789898218.png

Cnet

1613789917748.png

For some reason it looks like CT4 BW does not have knobs while CT5 does. Doesn't make sense to me though.

Cadillac has done a subpar job on this launch.

I am real close to canceling more reservation.

D.

My wife and I were discussing the same thing. What is up with the knobs or no knobs. we were thinking the knobs were if you ordered a stick.

D.

Cadillac live tour of their CT4 BW with a manual transmission has the volume knob. I took a screenshot while it was being displayed.

Attachments

• ct4 volume knob.png
    ct4 volume knob.png
    479.5 KB · Views: 167
Not sure if this is any help, but I have all of the official media photos released by Cadillac in the Media section here. Just click the Media tab above. I've been checking Cadillac daily for new photos, but so far, there's been nothing new.

Last edited:
The pictures that lack knobs smack of removal by the graphic artists for smoother/easier rendering. The actual production shots have knobs. There are several that look like they're production pics, but are not.

Also, all the 2021 CT5s have the knobs, and there's no way a manufacturer in today's world changed a detail like that for a low volume product- that's not how modern product planning works. Different seats? Sure. Two completely different trim panels for no valid feature requirement? Not a chance.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back