Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

New guy with a CF question

f1canada

Hi all.

First time poster.
I've had a CT4V BW on order for over a year. Hoping the factory picks it up for a build date soon. Dealer says we should know more in December.

Here's a couple of questions as I've been receiving conflicting responses:

1. Is CF 1&2 available again, or will it be soon?
2. If CF 1&2 is not currently available, how should the car be ordered to accommodate future retrofit to CF 1&2 when available?
3. Is it better to just ditch the CF 1&2 and go aftermarket with Tapout? If so how should the car be ordered to accommodate their parts vs the OE parts.

As well, I've seen conflicting info on winter rims. If anyone here has fitted a set of winter rims and you're happy with them, I'd love to know what you bought.

Thanks guys!

Hi all.

First time poster.
I've had a CT4V BW on order for over a year. Hoping the factory picks it up for a build date soon. Dealer says we should know more in December.

2. If CF 1&2 is not currently available, how should the car be ordered to accommodate future retrofit to CF 1&2 when available?
3. Is it better to just ditch the CF 1&2 and go aftermarket with Tapout? If so how should the car be ordered to accommodate their parts vs the OE parts.

As well, I've seen conflicting info on winter rims. If anyone here has fitted a set of winter rims and you're happy with them, I'd love to know what you bought.

Thanks guys!
You could always just buy my 4BW with CF 1&2, posted on the forum ;)

Last edited:
Hi all.

First time poster.

Thanks guys!

CF is still on constraint and probably will be for a long while. The front bumper on the CF 1 package is different in that it has cut outs and mounts for the canards. If you're OK without the canards then you'll have drastically better results ordering your car without the CF packages and buying the pieces you want besides the canards.

Thanks guys. So basically if I want the canards, even down the road or aftermarket, I’m screwed. I’m guessing ditching CF all together and just putting tapout parts on may be the play.

Anyone fit Tapout CF bits to a car that was not ordered with CF? Can you do the splitter/spoiler and all the rest just fine?

Sorry for all the questions, just want to get it right.
L

Take a read through this thread.

I believe the same conversation came up with regards to adding CF 2 to a 4BW after the fact.

Thanks a bunch. I did give it a read. Seems to be some confusion as to how to order the car so that it’s suitable for aftermarket retrofit. I thought I’d ask directly for clarity. Thanks for your reply!!

If you have any dealers in Canada with in-stock CF cars, you might want to consider those. I'm in Ohio, and I found 28 ('22s) within several hundred miles, including 5 manual with CF. Getting CF1 is the important one because it has the nose parts. The side and rear of CF2 should just be remove and replace. I personally held the Tapout rear spoiler up to the original on their car and it looks perfect and solid.

What are winter rims? Oh wait, I'm sorry, are you talking about "wheels"? Just kidding, welcome, as others have said, there is a ton of info on the forum...

Thanks Steve.
I've looked around, was just hoping for a direct answer from folks that have the wheels in hand. Appreciate the response!

Thanks Steve.
I've looked around, was just hoping for a direct answer from folks that have the wheels in hand. Appreciate the response!
I'm just messing with ya, and let me warn you now, I wouldn't listen to some of these guys.....LOL, again, just playing...There is a ton of info on here with some really sharp guys...

Thanks Steve.
Look in the winter wheel and tire thread, there is essentially one aftermarket wheel in OEM size that fits over the brakes, sold by Tire Rack. AFAIK, two forum members have bought them and they fit well (and look great IMO). Here's another thread:

Others have simply ordered another set of OEM wheels. Still others (like me) have stored the Pilot Spots and put winter tires on the OEM wheels.

Good luck.

Hi guys.
Another question.

Just spoke with Steve at Tapout Tuning. Really nice dude. Just curious if anyone has ordered a Non CF car with a CF bumper so that the dive planes could be fitted aftermarket.

Thanks
LC

I still want to know if anyone without the CF1 package has bought and installed the CF1 lip. Still waiting on TapOut to offer a forged CF lip before buying.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back