Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

New from Chicagoland

pharms3

Hello all - checking in from Naperville IL and going to be on the hunt for a 5BW. I've had a few performance oriented cars mazadspeeds, golf R, Fiesta ST, couple e9x M3 and now an FK8 CTR. I am going to be in the market for a 5BW around next summer/fall-ish. Does anyone have any recommendations for how to increase my chances on actually getting my hands on one of these?

Also - I see a raven black 5 on 88 relatively frequently, hoping to maybe connect with someone local to possibly get some advice!

Thanks all,

Ghazi

Best advice I can give you is, figure out what options are "must have" and which options are "wants but not needs" and then search nationally for that specific build setup. Find the 5-10 nationally and start negotiating - you may have to start comparing options, mileage, etc until you find the right combo for you. Pay for the flight out to see it in person unless it's a new car from a dealership. Then either drive it home or pay to have it shipped back to you.

Best advice I can give you is, figure out what options are "must have" and which options are "wants but not needs" and then search nationally for that specific build setup. Find the 5-10 nationally and start negotiating - you may have to start comparing options, mileage, etc until you find the right combo for you. Pay for the flight out to see it in person unless it's a new car from a dealership. Then either drive it home or pay to have it shipped back to you.

Thank you for the advice! I'm not looking for very heavily optioned, really just want raven black with black upgraded seats and the bronze wheels. Hopefully that wont be too much to ask for.

Much appreciated

Thank you for the advice! I'm not looking for very heavily optioned, really just want raven black with black upgraded seats and the bronze wheels. Hopefully that wont be too much to ask for.

Much appreciated
Manual or Automatic? Manual can be a bit of a challenge but Black Raven tends to be the easiest to find. If automatic, it'll be pretty easy to find one.

My best advice is, do not pay over MSRP. Some dealers add ridiculous fees. If a dealer does that, say "Goodbye" and find another dealer. I got my 22 5 BW from Sewell Cadillac of Dallas. They do not charge over MSRP. Good luck.

My best advice is, do not pay over MSRP. Some dealers add ridiculous fees. If a dealer does that, say "Goodbye" and find another dealer. I got my 22 5 BW from Sewell Cadillac of Dallas. They do not charge over MSRP. Good luck.
Thank you for the advice! I'm gonna start gearing up for the fight here soon.

<---NCHS '97

I got my 5 from Heritage in Lombard. Order 4/2021 delivered 12/2021.

It wasn't my first rodeo there. They've always only treated me very well. Never paid over sticker for any car ever. I don't drive my 5 that frequently. Usually its to grocery shop or get a kid. I used to love going to Irongate as it's really close to home. Not to mention personally knowing a number of people there either in the shops or garages, the place left a bad taste on me after they started charging to enter a chrome n coffee. JMO, that completely removes the concept of the show. I showed up there a couple years ago for their CnC in my Belair and they wanted to charge me $20 to park. Gave the crowd along the street a show on my way out instead.

It wasn't my first rodeo there. They've always only treated me very well. Never paid over sticker for any car ever. I don't drive my 5 that frequently. Usually its to grocery shop or get a kid. I used to love going to Irongate as it's really close to home. Not to mention personally knowing a number of people there either in the shops or garages, the place left a bad taste on me after they started charging to enter a chrome n coffee. JMO, that completely removes the concept of the show. I showed up there a couple years ago for their CnC in my Belair and they wanted to charge me $20 to park. Gave the crowd along the street a show on my way out instead.
This is awesome, hopefully I can establish some decent rapport there too. Did you put in a build order?

Ill likely be dailying mine whenever I get it - I am down to only being able to house 1 car again sadly. Hopefully it holds up lol

This is awesome, hopefully I can establish some decent rapport there too. Did you put in a build order?
I did. Charles Hughes is the man, if you can find him. He is semi retired but don't tell him that.

Haha love it - I went to bolingbrook - womp

Did you pay MSRP for it? We're they easy to deal with?

I have a contact at Heritage which can get you lined up for MSRP. I was offered 2 cars which customers had backed out of as well.

Feel free to send me a PM

Heritage is very good. It is just the allocation game from here if you can't find one on a dealer lot with the options that you are looking for.

Heritage is very good. It is just the allocation game from here if you can't find one on a dealer lot with the options that you are looking for.
Sounds good - I am going to start with Heritage then. Maybe I can get some traction with them

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back