Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Need some technical help

sps4runner

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
'24 86-349
CT5 Blackwing
I tried and failed to get a 256GB card to work in the SVR system. Gave up on that & just bought a 32 GB card. It works.
Now, I bought 64 GB USB memory for music. Downloaded about 13GB onto it, plugged into the USB port in the center console, but the car doesn't recognize it as being there. Any thoughts?

Music plugs into the SD card slot in the center console. As for the SVR, I have got it to sort of work with 64GB cards. It recorded and played back in the car, but my Mac and PC had issues reading all the files. For now I’m using 32GB and maybe I’ll revisit this later since it’s not a high priority.

Last edited:
I was able to get this one to work for the SVR. I had to format it as Fat32.

Attachments

• IMG_2242.jpeg
    IMG_2242.jpeg
    261.1 KB · Views: 11
I've given up on the SVR, I just want the music via USB to work,
I have it pugged in into the USB above the SD card slot in the center console. I think the SD slot there is for the Nav.

I've given up on the SVR, I just want the music via USB to work,
I have it pugged in into the USB above the SD card slot in the center console. I think the SD slot there is for the Nav.
You are correct, my mistake, I was thinking of another car. Music goes in the USB-A.

I tried that for the SVR: didn't work. gave up on that & bought a 32.

Any thoughts on the USB for music? I checked & it's formatted as exFat. Is that going to need to be Fat 32 also?

Fixed.
I had a co-worker format the USB drive to fat32. He had to divide the drive into 2 drives but the car will play music from both drives; dosen't matter which one music is stored on.

That is weird the various experiences people have with this. I have 128 GB in both the Caddy and Chevy. Never had to format either and they work perfectly right out of the packaging. Did you get the one with 10 and a circle around it on the packaging? That was the kind I read in owners manual to get for write speed etc.

Never tried the music though, you must be using lossless files I’m assuming?

I have a 32gb SD card formatted for fat 32 and SVR still doesn't recognize it. Kind of given up on it. Did read guys were having issues with the module on other models and resolved with dealer replacement.😔

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back