Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Not a dumb question. The computer will handle it and limit you, no worries.

Ok, I have a question about break in miles on a CT4-V BW auto trans....Will it limit the RPM on the dash, and how will that work exactly? I mean, if I stab it will it shift at "break in" rpm or will my right foot dictate that??? I hope my question makes sense and is not stupid....
From what little time that I've had behind the wheel, I'm under the impression that the RPM limits under 500 miles are just visual and that you still have full control.

From what little time that I've had behind the wheel, I'm under the impression that the RPM limits under 500 miles are just visual and that you still have full control.
That WOULD explain why I thought there was more area under the curve up to 4k RPM before breakin vs after if the display is false.

Mirza had commented in one of the threads on here that the vehicle is NOT limited in terms of RPM and speed in case you get in to a nasty situation and need to utilize all of the bald eagles. The RPM limit is more of a visual guide.

Is there a rev limiter after 500 miles...... You know, like taking the bitch to 7K???
Fuel would cut-off(not sure of the RPMs) on my ATS V when the paddles wouldn't upshift it fast enough. Always a fun time....🤣 I'm assuming it's the same for the CT4 BW.

Ohhhhhh... I didn't understand your question.

Yeah, I can't imagine Cadillac would release a car that could grenade itself so easily. I'm sure there's got to be some sort of limiter just north of redline, but I have no idea what it is. Haven't quite explored that area of the rev range yet.

It’s not RPM to be considered but TIMING !
Thats what really hurts motors, i would say that they are controlling timing.

6500 is redline, 6600 is fuel cut off on LT4. You will not blow it up, it will just bang against fuel cut and not go past. If you downshift into wrong gear well yeah... start praying. LF4 is 6400 redline 6500 fuel cut off. We moved redline visually 100rpm down from ats-v to help with not hitting fuel cut. You have to practice a bit on both cars and pay attention to shift lights,

Ok, that's what I'm getting at....Not so worried about my 4BW because my wife will be driving it 90% of the time but I'm worried I will "forget" to shift my 5 and blow the damn thing up....
that will not happen...my CTS-V3 would fall flat on its face when I didn't shift it fast enough. fuel cut

6500 is redline, 6600 is fuel cut off on LT4. You will not blow it up, it will just bang against fuel cut and not go past. If you downshift into wrong gear well yeah... start praying. LF4 is 6400 redline 6500 fuel cut off. We moved redline visually 100rpm down from ats-v to help with not hitting fuel cut. You have to practice a bit on both cars and pay attention to shift lights,
Good morning sir, I am just curious if u have heard any rumors on a possible refresh for the camaro.

I’m surprised- why didn’t GM lock the gates to prevent money shifting by mistake?
Good question, they probably could have. Reverse has a lockout. 2nd and 3rd have had a lockout for YEARS on CAGS equiped cars. It wouldn't be that hard (one would think) to lockout certain gears based on vehicle speed. Who knows?

Good morning sir, I am just curious if u have heard any rumors on a possible refresh for the camaro.
Semper not involved with that team as such cant comment.

Who locks gates, not aware of any manual locking gates? Reverse is locked but to lock each gear so there is no money shift I have not heard of that.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back