Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Low dust pad options?

CT5-V Model
Figured I take the wheels often enough that quick inspection should be fairly doable. Wish they atleast had the tabs. The OEM pads has them so not even sure what’s the point of the electronic sensors.

Figured I take the wheels often enough that quick inspection should be fairly doable. Wish they atleast had the tabs. The OEM pads has them so not even sure what’s the point of the electronic sensors.
It's so the DIC can tell you the pad life %. :)

Meanwhile like everyone before me mentioned Ken @ KNS is the real deal. I left a message, got back with me at 8pm (Yesterday Friday Night) to let me know he received my message. Told me he would put all the options together and reachh back out Saturday. Fast forward to today, you can now go on his website and use the search drop down to see all the options for our cars. Legit!

I went with DTC 70 front DTC 60 rear. Using these for track days, if you do this make sure you have enough tire!

I hope this helps anybody that needs pads, rotors, etc.
Liked him so much I'd rather shop with him than use my hawk discount code.

Meanwhile like everyone before me mentioned Ken @ KNS is the real deal. I left a message, got back with me at 8pm (Yesterday Friday Night) to let me know he received my message. Told me he would put all the options together and reachh back out Saturday. Fast forward to today, you can now go on his website and use the search drop down to see all the options for our cars. Legit!

I went with DTC 70 front DTC 60 rear. Using these for track days, if you do this make sure you have enough tire!

I hope this helps anybody that needs pads, rotors, etc.
Liked him so much I'd rather shop with him than use my hawk discount code.

How has the DTC 70/60 combo worked for you? Ill be mainly street driving the car with a few auto X events and 2-3 track days this year still. In your opinion would the 70/60 be overkill for that use on stock tires?

How has the DTC 70/60 combo worked for you? Ill be mainly street driving the car with a few auto X events and 2-3 track days this year still. In your opinion would the 70/60 be overkill for that use on stock tires?
Honestly they are hard to put in words. Ken mentioned make sure you have enough tire and I kind of laughed it off. It feels nothing short of your favorite roller coaster ride when you get on them. I did Road Atlanta on Sunday and they simply worked amazing. I did run Cup 2s ( 180 TW) though so everything was in good concert. They have to much bite for the stock 4s in my testing.

I have been running hawk HPS 5.0 on the street and switch to the DTCs before the track. (Literally switched the pads and wheel/tires back this morning.

Honestly they are hard to put in words. Ken mentioned make sure you have enough tire and I kind of laughed it off. It feels nothing short of your favorite roller coaster ride when you get on them. I did Road Atlanta on Sunday and they simply worked amazing. I did run Cup 2s ( 180 TW) though so everything was in good concert. They have to much bite for the stock 4s in my testing.

I have been running hawk HPS 5.0 on the street and switch to the DTCs before the track. (Literally switched the pads and wheel/tires back this morning.
Thank you for the input, i went with the 60s all around. WIll probably do 70s up front if i ever go to a cup 2 on the car

Thank you for the input, i went with the 60s all around. WIll probably do 70s up front if i ever go to a cup 2 on the car
lol that is mighty aggressive ! Take a picture of the front pads part number when you get them please. They didn't have DTC 60s front available when I get mine.

Also be sure to ceramic coat your wheels if they aren't already. I kind of always laughed when people complained about dust, I get it now! lol

After reading about the DTC 60 ( DTC-60 ) and DTC 70 ( DTC-70 ) , it sounds like they might be too aggressive for street use. I don't want a pad that puts everyone's face into the windshield with a light press.

Are the Hawk 5.0 pads available for the 5BW? If so, what is the part number?

What other cars' front brakes are compatible with the 5BW?

Are there any other low-dust options that are decent for light-duty track use? If so, please provide part numbers.

(Yes I have read the whole thread at least twice, and I haven't found definitive answers.)

After reading about the DTC 60 ( DTC-60 ) and DTC 70 ( DTC-70 ) , it sounds like they might be too aggressive for street use. I don't want a pad that puts everyone's face into the windshield with a light press.

Are there any other low-dust options that are decent for light-duty track use? If so, please provide part numbers.

(Yes I have read the whole thread at least twice, and I haven't found definitive answers.

You really don't want to use the DTCs on the street. Trust me. also please make sure you have a 200 Tw or less tire if you decide to run them on the street. lastly on those, they are the dustiest pads I have ever used. Best braking, but dustiest for sure.

I would call Ken and see what he thinks are the least dusty pads. I believe the front on CT5 is the same as the last Zr1. Also I can confirm the rears on the Ct5 BW iron and Ct4 are the same calipers.

One more question, what are people using to ceramic coat their wheels? I have been giving the wheels a coat of Turtle Wax ceramic spray ( https://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Wax-53409-Solutions-Coating-16/dp/B07XYPS3PS/ ) when I change out the winters for summers and vice versa but it doesn't seem to be doing a whole lot to keep the 5BW bronze wheels safe from the dust.

I used crystal Serum light on my street wheels and track wheels. time consuming but worth it.

Jordan

You really don't want to use the DTCs on the street. Trust me. also please make sure you have a 200 Tw or less tire if you decide to run them on the street. lastly on those, they are the dustiest pads I have ever used. Best braking, but dustiest for sure.

I would call Ken and see what he thinks are the least dusty pads. I believe the front on CT5 is the same as the last Zr1. Also I can confirm the rears on the Ct5 BW iron and Ct4 are the same calipers.
The 60s are fine for street use, but dear god the dust, my chrome rose gold wheels are perma brown

(Yes I have read the whole thread at least twice, and I haven't found definitive answers.)
I dont think the 60s are overkill at all, but the dust is surreal.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back