Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Leaking Blackwing

BrokeRichKid$

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-V Blackwing
My new Blackwing is back at the dealer for leaking behind the glove box due to water not draining on the outside of the windshield on the passenger side, it just puddles up and overflows, after a day of good rain I got in and noticed a puddle on my weather tech floormat on the passenger side, is mine a isolated issue?, you won't notice if you don't have weather tech mates, your carpet will soak it in, try for yourself by taking a bottle of water and pouring on the passenger side of windshield, Hello to everyone, first post

Bad seal.

Mines fine, as I suspect most are. I have the all weather floor mats and the car is parked outside, its been rained on plenty of times, nothing inside is ever wet.

I dont know if it's a bad seal or it's overflowing the scuttle panel and getting in that way, I guess I will soon find out

I have puddling on the passenger side when I do a water wash however, it’s never penetrated the interior to my knowledge.

Wasn't there a midnight steel BW that leaked on the passenger side windshield? I think his issues was missing body sealant in that area. His presented water up at the visor, so might not be the same issue

Wow! I thought these things were put thru a high pressure washer for 10 minutes to inspect for leaks. I saw a GM video of them doing it to a Corvette. It looks like a torrential hurricane downpour. Weird that it made it past inspection. Nothing worse than a moldy smelling car. Keep us informed on what they find.

I have puddling on the passenger side when I do a water wash however, it’s never penetrated the interior to my knowledge.
Same here. Passenger side pools up. I usually wind up spraying the hose on that puddle and push it to the drivers side where it drains faster. I wasn't sure if it was just my car but it sounds like this may be typical. I think when driving it is a non-issue since it will work its way to the drivers side anyway.

If they find out the cause please share, mine went in for a crack above the passenger side where the A and roof joined above the windshield and water would pool on that side of the car just as you described. Since that repair I've had water 2 times on the driver side but no longer have issues on the passenger side. Have not been able to bring it back in due to work travel. Water drips down from the lip of the dashboard.

Attachments

• PXL_20230528_165930839.jpg
    PXL_20230528_165930839.jpg
    516.6 KB · Views: 67

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace