Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

KEY FOB COLOR PEELING/CHIPPING OFF

PHOTOS BELOW

Attachments

• IMG_6737.jpg
    IMG_6737.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_6739.jpg
    IMG_6739.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 64
If you keep actual keys tethered to it, it's gonna clash against the fob at some point when in a pocket and cause damage. There are all kinds of protective covers you can buy, but they obscure the color on the fob. I guess clear covers don't exist because fobs are not normally a fashion statement or status symbol. :unsure:

Never had a problem with any of my car keys but non have been paired with something else or been neighbors in my pocket with other metal objects (aka keys).

Please show us what is at the other end of the ring.

Yep, my fob has chipped paint and I since added the fake carbon fiber outer covering. Now I don’t worry about it and the keys attached causing it.

Unfortunately nobody I found makes a fob cover to properly show the V emblem. Adding the cover makes it bulky IMO but easier to find as I have several other fobs that look similar.

This might be extra OCD, but when I get the car PPF'd, I'm going to see if he can throw some on the key fob.

If you keep actual keys tethered to it, it's gonna clash against the fob at some point when in a pocket and cause damage.
THIS^^^ My wife tethers her fob to her house keys and the paint is chipped in a few places. I keep mine untethered and have no chips or other marks.

This might be extra OCD, but when I get the car PPF'd, I'm going to see if he can throw some on the key fob.
I believe someone tried this and due to all the curvatures they were unsuccessful. Curious to what you find out.

Reactions: JKM
I believe someone tried this and due to all the curvatures they were unsuccessful. Curious to what you find out.
My PPF shop looked at them and did not want to do them. But I’ve read that others have been able to do it. - but I have not heard how well they hold up over time, likely the edges would peel. In 1 1/2 years mine look perfect. No keys or metal objects in the same pocket as the FOB.

Yeah, mine has a couple small chips so I keep it in the smaller coin pocket on pants that have them or just drop the fob in the key holder in the center console since the fob has a tendency to slip out of my pocket during long stretches of highway driving on cruise control.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back