Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Is PDR a option?

CT5-V Model

NoirFrostV

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing
Just installed an SD card in the trunk of my Blackwing and I can’t seem to find the performance data recorder. All I see in the menu is a recorder app but it’s only camera surveillance it doesn’t have the pdr tachometer and all of those things. Is it possible my car doesn’t have the pdr or am I missing something?

If you have it, you'll have a slot next to the parking break to the left of the steering wheel.

If you have it, you'll have a slot next to the parking break to the left of the steering wheel.
Ok I definitely don’t have it then. Good to know, thanks.

So then is the surveillance system I do have still able to be setup like a dash cam like I’ve read people do with the PDR? How would I go about doing that do I just leave it recording all the time and it will overwrite itself?

If you have surround view (360 degree parking camera), the SD card in the truck allows it to operate as a full time dashcam. You don't need to do anything special, just insert the SD card.

If you have surround view (360 degree parking camera), the SD card in the truck allows it to operate as a full time dashcam. You don't need to do anything special, just insert the SD card.
This is what I was hoping to hear. I couldn't add the PDR to my build before it got locked but only really wanted it for the dashcam capabilities.

The surround view will record but it will not give you actual dashcam footage like the PDR would because without the PDR there is no camera located in the cabin for video from the dash.

You will get recordings off all your individual cameras but the ones on the front are low angle curb cameras and don't provide as great a view as the PDR would.

Its still better then nothing however.

It will not record while driving? Only in a parked scenario? I've never really tested that theory.

It records while driving, and also while parked if the alarm goes off.

It's true that the individual camera quality is quite low. But it's always there, watching, recording. I'd pull some examples if I were home, it's totally sufficient for 90% of dashcam needs.

Exactly. It record while in motion but keep in mind it's 4 separate images in the space of one screen and there's no audio. It will support most dashcam needs though.

@rdollie

How do you mean, "will support most dashcam needs though".

New stuff, Im ears right now!

Sorry, that's subjective of me. I meant it will still capture accidents and someone breaking into your car for example. You just won't be able to see far beyond the car like a typical front-facing PDR.

Anyone that has PDR.. does yours record sound ?

IIRC, PDR audio won't play on OS X without additional software.

Wow! Still learning new stuff about this car everyday ! Does anyone know if the owners manual has a page number referring to this SD card function and use ? I couldn't find any video on YouTube.

To compare the output of the PDR & SVR more directly:

Here's a screenshot from the front SVR camera:

SVRSample.png

The SVR produces an AVI file at 960x540 resolution, using H264 encoding at 30 frames per second with no audio:

SVRInfo.png

Here's a screenshot from PDR video of the same moment in time:

PDRSample.png

The PDR produces an MP4 file at 1920x1080 (HD) resolution, using H264 encoding at 30 frames per second with OPTIONAL audio (you can enable/disable audio recording in the app from the car's touch-screen):

PDRInfo.png

In short, the PDR video is higher resolution with optional audio and a much narrower field of view. Each of the 4 SVR cameras offer a 180 degree field of view.

Last edited:
To compare the output of the PDR & SVR more directly:

Here's a screenshot from the front SVR camera:

SVRSample.png

The SVR produces an AVI file at 960x540 resolution, using H264 encoding at 30 frames per second with no audio:

SVRInfo.png

Here's a screenshot from PDR video of the same moment in time:

PDRSample.png

The PDR produces an MP4 file at 1920x1080 (HD) resolution, using H264 encoding at 30 frames per second with OPTIONAL audio (you can enable/disable audio recording in the app from the car's touch-screen):

PDRInfo.png

In short, the PDR video is higher resolution with optional audio and a much narrower field of view. Each of the 4 SVR cameras offer a 180 degree field of view.
The other difference is PDR records car telemetry for use in Toolbox and Pi Toolbox.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back