Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

GM Press Release: Introducing the 2025 Cadillac CT5-V and CT5-V Blackwing

Official press release by General Motors.
I'll be honest I wasn't even sure they would do one for 2025 and to get if its own styled front end is nice. That being said I don't really like it, maybe it looks better in person, but none of the changes give me the itch of upgrading. Kind of surprised they didn't up the power a little bit to give people more reason to upgrade.

As for the interior changes. I am not a fan of that huge screen.

All-in-all cool they are keeping it going for 2025, but I am happy with my 2022, especially considering the price I paid for it compared to the 2023+.

Here's my dilemma. I ordered a Blackwing in June of 2022, and was expecting a '23 model year. This past summer, the dealer contacted me and said that I need to update my configuration for a '24 model year.
When I configured it, the PDR was not available and I confirmed with the dealer that it was no longer available. I was extremely disappointed but what was I going to do? It won't be a dedicated track car, but I was planning on taking it to CoTA a few times to see what I could do in it.
Finally, in November, they called to tell me they got an allocation and my car is being built and will be ready in Feb, which is great news. But a couple weeks ago, a friend sent me an auction link for a '22 that sold for well under msrp, so I got curious and looked on Autotrader and sure enough prices are starting to return to normal with even a few new '23 models being listed for under MSRP. Oh well, cars are supposed to depreciate, but I notice that all the new '24 cars have PDR. Like, all of them.
I contacted my dealer and asked, "what is the story?", and they said the option must have been returned, so I say, add it to my car, and they said they would try, but got back to me a few days later and said my car is too far along.

So do I just live without the PDR? Do I go with an inventory '23/'24 car that is close to my spec but with PDR? Or do I just order a 2025 at this point? I don't love the new face or the giant screen, but I also don't hate them either, and having Android just built in to the car sounds pretty nice. The weight increase though is alarming. Is that accurate, or were they just forced to change the reporting?

Here's my dilemma. I ordered a Blackwing in June of 2022, and was expecting a '23 model year. This past summer, the dealer contacted me and said that I need to update my configuration for a '24 model year.
When I configured it, the PDR was not available and I confirmed with the dealer that it was no longer available. I was extremely disappointed but what was I going to do? It won't be a dedicated track car, but I was planning on taking it to CoTA a few times to see what I could do in it.
Finally, in November, they called to tell me they got an allocation and my car is being built and will be ready in Feb, which is great news. But a couple weeks ago, a friend sent me an auction link for a '22 that sold for well under msrp, so I got curious and looked on Autotrader and sure enough prices are starting to return to normal with even a few new '23 models being listed for under MSRP. Oh well, cars are supposed to depreciate, but I notice that all the new '24 cars have PDR. Like, all of them.
I contacted my dealer and asked, "what is the story?", and they said the option must have been returned, so I say, add it to my car, and they said they would try, but got back to me a few days later and said my car is too far along.

So do I just live without the PDR? Do I go with an inventory '23/'24 car that is close to my spec but with PDR? Or do I just order a 2025 at this point? I don't love the new face or the giant screen, but I also don't hate them either, and having Android just built in to the car sounds pretty nice. The weight increase though is alarming. Is that accurate, or were they just forced to change the reporting?
Do you have your order number from the dealer? If you have one, it might be too late to add. If you don't have one, find a new dealer.

Do you have your order number from the dealer? If you have one, it might be too late to add. If you don't have one, find a new dealer.
Yes I have an order number and it is too late to add it, that's the primary reason for considering ordering a 2025, assuming they didn't actually add 200 pounds to the car. When I ordered it in 2022, few dealers were taking msrp orders, but that doesn't appear to be the case anymore. Have they announced when they will start taking orders for the 2025?

My suggestion would be to buy one from inventory with similar specs so you get your PDR. If it's not that important, keep it and get a Garmin Catalyst.

With the current market, you'll be able to get a '23/'24 or '25 for MSRP or less.

Yes I have an order number and it is too late to add it, that's the primary reason for considering ordering a 2025, assuming they didn't actually add 200 pounds to the car. When I ordered it in 2022, few dealers were taking msrp orders, but that doesn't appear to be the case anymore. Have they announced when they will start taking orders for the 2025?
They will probably start taking order sometime in May, if it is like last year. Production starts in the summer.

Has anyone heard what colors aren’t being continued for 2025? Heard maybe Black Diamond Tricoat is done with 2024s

The PR blurb states that a "service plan" $$$$ will be required for Google products. Will the 2025 5BW support Apple Car Play?
I am trying to talk the wife into me trading my 2022 5BW in for a 2025. I love the new PDR and can live with the rest but I am not paying for a crappie user interface when I get Apple Car Play for free. I don't need much of an excuse for not moving to a 2025 :)

I thought GM was only getting rid of screen mirroring via AndroidAuto and CarPlay on EV's. Did they change their approach?

I am almost certain I watched a YouTube video where the host asked the Cadillac rep if Carplay and AndroidAuto was going away and he replied that it definitely was not. However, I can't find it now, I even searched the transcript of the video I thought I heard it. I really doubt that Carplay and AA will go away though. My friends that use it swear by it.

I just took delivery of my '24 that I ordered back in May of '22. I was debating whether to just wait and order a '25 but my 2013 S4 is starting to show its age (burning coolant, headliner falling down) and I didn't want to wait for another indefinite time period. Plus, I am not in love with the extra lines on the front bumper or the giant screen of the '25. The '24 already has way too much screen. I much prefer the analog gauges of the S4 and the nicely integrated non-touch screen tucked away.
Also, this is the first car where I had to install an app and give someone my credit card number to unlock all the features. I'll likely be canceling all of that stuff long before the trial periods end, but if I forget, I'll definitely be throwing a $30 tantrum.
This car makes me feel like a luddite. I even paid the $700 for the camera rearview mirror and foot activated trunk release because I've certainly put heavy things in a trunk before. Try as I might, I cannot focus correctly on the "mirror" in my peripheral, and the foot activation is flaky enough that it is more frustrating than useful. It's easier to put the thing down and push the button than it is to dance around on one foot with a 40 lb bag of dog food in your hands. I guess this is why I got the car in the first place, I didn't want to give up my manual in my daily driver and didn't want to step down from an S4 to an Integra or step ugly to an M3. I guess now that I own a Cadillac, I am officially old.

Just curious, what features did you have to provide a cc number to activate? I didn't have to do that with my 22 BW5.

You nailed the parking package! I wear progressive lens glasses and there is no way I can focus easily on the rear view mirror camera. And the truck release rarely works.

I had a 2016 S4 6MT and loved it but the 5BW is much faster and handles a road course much better! Plus 2 people can sit comfortable in the back seat.

Just curious, what features did you have to provide a cc number to activate? I didn't have to do that with my 22 BW5.

You nailed the parking package! I wear progressive lens glasses and there is no way I can focus easily on the rear view mirror camera. And the truck release rarely works.

I had a 2016 S4 6MT and loved it but the 5BW is much faster and handles a road course much better! Plus 2 people can sit comfortable in the back seat.
These things are just a matter of getting used to. I wear progressive lenses and initially the camera rear view was disorienting. After a few days, I adjusted to it and prefer it to the regular mirror because of the wider field of view. You just have to be willing to give it some time.

The trunk release also took just a little time. Once familiar with the sensor location and motion needed, it works well for me.

These things are just a matter of getting used to. I wear progressive lenses and initially the camera rear view was disorienting. After a few days, I adjusted to it and prefer it to the regular mirror because of the wider field of view. You just have to be willing to give it some time.

The trunk release also took just a little time. Once familiar with the sensor location and motion needed, it works well for me.
Thanks for the info. I guess I'll give it a little more time and practice.

Same. It took me a good week or two for my eyes to adjust to the camera mirror, but now they can instantly refocus. And the trunk release I realized just takes a slower movement than I was doing (more a wave than a kick).

The camera view is useless to me, as I wear lined trifocals. It takes too much time, having to tilt my head up to get my mid vision lenses focused in. Plus I've had a touch of vertigo for a number of years, which makes it even worse.

Also came from an older Audi (2008 RS4) to the ct5 blackwing and am really enjoying the transition. The extra back seat room is definitely a plus.

I am almost certain I watched a YouTube video where the host asked the Cadillac rep if Carplay and AndroidAuto was going away and he replied that it definitely was not. However, I can't find it now, I even searched the transcript of the video I thought I heard it. I really doubt that Carplay and AA will go away though. My friends that use it swear by it.

I just took delivery of my '24 that I ordered back in May of '22. I was debating whether to just wait and order a '25 but my 2013 S4 is starting to show its age (burning coolant, headliner falling down) and I didn't want to wait for another indefinite time period. Plus, I am not in love with the extra lines on the front bumper or the giant screen of the '25. The '24 already has way too much screen. I much prefer the analog gauges of the S4 and the nicely integrated non-touch screen tucked away.
Also, this is the first car where I had to install an app and give someone my credit card number to unlock all the features. I'll likely be canceling all of that stuff long before the trial periods end, but if I forget, I'll definitely be throwing a $30 tantrum.
This car makes me feel like a luddite. I even paid the $700 for the camera rearview mirror and foot activated trunk release because I've certainly put heavy things in a trunk before. Try as I might, I cannot focus correctly on the "mirror" in my peripheral, and the foot activation is flaky enough that it is more frustrating than useful. It's easier to put the thing down and push the button than it is to dance around on one foot with a 40 lb bag of dog food in your hands. I guess this is why I got the car in the first place, I didn't want to give up my manual in my daily driver and didn't want to step down from an S4 to an Integra or step ugly to an M3. I guess now that I own a Cadillac, I am officially old.
I have the rearview camera in my truck and found it disorienting to look into due to being able to see the camera view, and the reflection. I found that if I aim in the mirror down so that it's looking at the back seat, it alleviates the issue. Same trick worked in my BW.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back