Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

interior panel removal, how to

hyteck9

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing
Hi. I have seen many posts on this site with folks removing their radio displays, or re-wiring stuff for radar detectors, etc. but in every one the panels are already off in the photos will no explanation as to how? I'd like to know which panels have screws, which corners have pressure clips, if those weird rubber triangles beside the radio are glued in, etc? Anything like that here?

I did a driver door panel removal post.

I believe one of the first radar detector install posts was quite good with a few things.

Your best bet is to subscribe to the online service manual (www.ACDelcoTDS.com) and search and download the files you need. I subscribed for the three days at $22 + tax. Actually, I subscribed twice because I missed some files the first time. The second time I sat for a few hours and downloaded EVERYTHING. The first time there were links to other files you need to do the task that I missed. In my case, to install the nose trim pieces like the splitter, it references bumper cover removal that isn't in that file section. Originally I converted to pdf as I downloaded, but I found it quicker the second time just to right click and save as a web page. You can always open and save as pdf if you want to later, but as a web page it doesn't split into pages which I find easier to view. It gives document IDs automatically that don't match the task, but if you save the document hitlist in every folder, and recreate the folder hierarchy (not really a problem), you can get all the info you'll need now and in the future. Don't forget the wiring sections too. A lot of the radio and speaker stuff is in there, and they even have videos on how to disconnect the connectors and wire pins, including how to disconnect the front bumper cover wiring harness that I've seen some folks say baffled them. I attached a couple of the document hitlists in sections you might be looking for.

Attachments

• Document Hitlist.pdf
    94.7 KB · Views: 83
  • Document Hitlist .pdf
    133.8 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Your best bet is to subscribe to the online service manual (www.ACDelcoTDS.com) and search and download the files you need. I subscribed for the three days at $22 + tax. Actually, I subscribed twice because I missed some files the first time. The second time I sat for a few hours and downloaded EVERYTHING. The first time there were links to other files you need to do the task that I missed. In my case, to install the nose trim pieces like the splitter, it references bumper cover removal that isn't in that file section. Originally I converted to pdf as I downloaded, but I found it quicker the second time just to right click and save as a web page. You can always open and save as pdf if you want to later, but as a web page it doesn't split into pages which I find easier to view. It gives document IDs automatically that don't match the task, but if you save the document hitlist in every folder, and recreate the folder hierarchy (not really a problem), you can get all the info you'll need now and in the future. Don't forget the wiring sections too. A lot of the radio and speaker stuff is in there, and they even have videos on how to disconnect the connectors and wire pins, including how to disconnect the front bumper cover wiring harness that I've seen some folks say baffled them. I attached a couple of the document hitlists in sections you might be looking for.
How long did it take you to download everything? Is this a full day job?

Probably in total about 3-4 hours. I tried to get anything I could possibly use, but I did leave engine teardown information. I don't see me rebuilding the engine on my own anymore. But I did get engine information for many of the external parts including the intake in case I get the ported throttle body from Tapout Tuning. You have three days, so you don't need to rush it. I didn't try to keep the wiring file structure because it's different than just the parts files. But they have common references to body areas (Locator View) that will highlight previously selected for common references down the list, so I advise to start at the top and work down. For other files I knew didn't apply, like auto trans stuff, I didn't get those. Also engines that didn't apply I left, so that saves time and effort.

PC Folder Structure:

1679787173129.png

Electrical:

1679787066021.png

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace