Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

I want to buy a car, please sir, may I have another?

BimmerFan

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT5-V BW 6spd
I couldn't find a subforum here for purchasing/ordering/shopping the BW, so please forgive me if this does not belong in this forum.

I've decided that my life will not be complete unless I can own and drive a Cadillac CT5V Blackwing with a proper manual transmission. You guys and gals have been terrible enablers about this, with all of your gushing about how wonderful these cars are, and most people it seems are having very few issues or complaints. Unlike, say, the BMW M3 forum. ;) I'll be honest, I have a real love/hate thing with BMW.

And a friend of mine sent me a link to this video, which just pushed me over the edge a bit more:

So...

I found a lot more cars than I expected on Cars.com - 3 pages of manual transmission BW. Now I have to go through them all, request info, have some sales-tool call me to discuss financing options before they admit that the car is pre-sold or not there yet, or has a $20K ADM. All that and try to do my job.

I've bought and sold 50+ cars in my lifetime, so I kind of know the drill, negotiation, etc. and I have no issues with flying out and driving home. Preferably the eastern half of the country (I'm in NC) as I don't really want to drive 4 days home... although it would be a killer vacation I suppose. Hmmmm...

Any advice, suggestions, leads, etc. are welcome.

Thanks!
Michael

Last edited:
@BimmerFan I genuinely hope the deal works out and get to drive her home tomorrow...I would have a hard time sleeping! Ok part of me (the 12yo part mentioned above) thinks its bullshit that you roll in here with your smug BMW-ness and a few days later you have a deal worked out on a 5BW :) #goatrodeo
LOL Mr. Bawden.

TLDR; the deal didn't work out. The dealer lied to me, the car smelled of deodorizer, and I just can't deal with that sweet stinky stuff. The wife gets migraines.

I'm going to place an order with Sewell since my local dealers are all dicks.

I am disappointed, not to mention I wasted most of my Saturday driving to and from SC for this car.

The upside is that I did get to actually test drive a car, and it is quite impressive. I'm not as thrilled with the ride quality as I had hoped, and it has more road noise than I expected (and I don't care for the ANC) but it's a fabulous driving car.

Like I have to tell you guys (and gals) that.

I've probably watched the Throttle House and both Savagegeese videos of the 5BW a thousand times since I placed my order. And reading a few threads on this board over and over again to live vicariously through those of you who have one. I wish mine would get here already.
I still watch these videos frequently and I own one, then again my car has been in the shop for 10 weeks. Even with all the BS I've had to go through I'd still buy another one, these cars are that good.

Get on the list, sit tight and maybe in the meantime you could try to find one on Cadillac. Com until you hit 2000 status.

Last edited:
LOL Mr. Bawden.

TLDR; the deal didn't work out. The dealer lied to me, the car smelled of deodorizer, and I just can't deal with that sweet stinky stuff. The wife gets migraines.

I'm going to place an order with Sewell since my local dealers are all dicks.

I am disappointed, not to mention I wasted most of my Saturday driving to and from SC for this car.

The upside is that I did get to actually test drive a car, and it is quite impressive. I'm not as thrilled with the ride quality as I had hoped, and it has more road noise than I expected (and I don't care for the ANC) but it's a fabulous driving car.

Like I have to tell you guys (and gals) that.
A dealer lied to you? I’m astonished. Welcome to the rodeo. As far as ride quality, I travel a lot for work and rent cars and all of them are shit compared to my 5BW. The best ride quality is going to be something like a Tahoe or Suburban.

IMG_5489.gif

Get on the list, sit tight and maybe in the meantime you could try to find one on Cadillac. Com until you hit 2000 status.
Oh mine's already built. It went from 4300 back to 4000 last week but hasn't moved since. This whole experience has taught me I'm just very impatient. And I've been lucky, I put my order in mid-June.

Last edited:
I'm not as thrilled with the ride quality as I had hoped
It can depend on the road and speed. I have a high degree of confidence that while MRC dampers are downright magic in most situations, the BW still requires some hefty swaybars at this level of performance. So on low-speed (like crawling through city traffic and parking lots) uneven pavement you can get jostled side-to-side on one-wheel bumps. But above 25mph or so (and especially highway) it's downright buttery.

That auction ended at $95K and change, putting it at over $100K after fees. RNM, I don't know if they made a deal afterwards. I like the orange, but would prefer not to be in such a noticeable car. I do occasionally drive in a slightly aggressive manner, and I don't need people remembering me or the car.

No deal yet. The seller is looking at MSRP and only willing to knock 1k down. The past auctions pretty much all ends at ~10k below MSRP, and the only one sold in the last 6(?) is the no reserve one. It was also one of the quiest auction that I watched with may be 2 or 3 serious bidder me included.

Orange is a minor plus for me, but the new coastal blue also looks really nice in the configurator that I can be totally happy with.

No deal yet. The seller is looking at MSRP and only willing to knock 1k down. The past auctions pretty much all ends at ~10k below MSRP, and the only one sold in the last 6(?) is the no reserve one. It was also one of the quiest auction that I watched with may be 2 or 3 serious bidder me included.

Orange is a minor plus for me, but the new coastal blue also looks really nice in the configurator that I can be totally happy with.
This quote above is in reference to the CT5V-BW on BaT a few weeks ago. Does @floater or anyone else know who the dealer is? I know they're in Richmond, but that's all, and a google search isn't helping.

TIA!

This quote above is in reference to the CT5V-BW on BaT a few weeks ago. Does @floater or anyone else know who the dealer is? I know they're in Richmond, but that's all, and a google search isn't helping.

TIA!
Based on my chat with them I think they probably just have a dealer license but not an actually dealership. Are you having second thoughts on making another bid for that car?

Separately, there was another BW auction ended today, and another RNM (though this one was auto). Feels like the bidders and sellers are simply not on the same page with lightly used 5BW for the moment, and only NR auctions are sure things to get deals done.

Based on my chat with them I think they probably just have a dealer license but not an actually dealership. Are you having second thoughts on making another bid for that car?

Yes, but since they don't appear to have a B&M dealership with a searchable web site, I can't find them. I did contact them while the auction was running, but now the "contact seller" button is gone, and of course they use a mail relay as to hide the contact info.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back