Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

I must have been a terrible person in a previous life

burn813

Original Ginger
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
On December 21 I picked up a brand new 23 gmc Sierra SLT 3.0L diesel.
D850C59F-9D8B-4369-9615-3C0A411A705A.jpeg

1E1D3D32-F58B-4CB1-B464-6C9090DA565D.jpeg

I was so happy I even put a bow on it.

Fast forward 3 weeks to this Tuesday
E3BD5BB8-8A79-49BB-97C2-E9A0E522383C.jpeg

29A5B4E2-683B-4870-862D-27F014A022F2.jpeg

5DC2D3D3-686E-4CC3-BAB9-93910D0A66E6.jpeg

The guy in the 98 Plymouth voyager (with no insurance, and whose address is a motel) sideswiped me, then wedged himself between the two cars ahead of me. My new truck now has an estimate of over 10k in damage and is going to need to have the bedside replaced. I have 1300 miles on it and haven’t even made a payment yet. 😥

I know it’s not blackwing related but it makes me sad and I thought I would share.

This sucks goats balls but at least NO one got hurt!

I have zero supporting evidence at hand, but my take on driving these days is inattentive drivers hitting stationary cars is rampant. My wife his been hit twice in 2 months by this exact scenario. First lady had no insurance, but made us whole by paying $4,000 cash for repairs.

I've been sucked into the Youtube dash cam vortex many times and 80% of the footage is someone clearly distracted and not remotely paying attention to driving.

Oh and sure no one getting hurt is good, but I'm most thankful your BW didn't get hurt. I know, I'm shallow.

Sorry, man. Reminds me of when my SS was hit by a truck. The damage was limited to just the front and rear. Hope you get it fixed up quickly. People suck.

IMG_3209.JPG
IMG_3210.JPG

That sucks. Nice looking truck! My Dad has a '20 Sierra Denali with the 3.0L and that's a gem of an engine.

It can be fixed, just make sure your insurance gets your equivalent loaner while yours get repaired. Then, wrap the miles up. Road trip! :D

I have zero supporting evidence at hand, but my take on driving these days is inattentive drivers hitting stationary cars is rampant. My wife his been hit twice in 2 months by this exact scenario. First lady had no insurance, but made us whole by paying $4,000 cash for repairs.

I've been sucked into the Youtube dash cam vortex many times and 80% of the footage is someone clearly distracted and not remotely paying attention to driving.

Oh and sure no one getting hurt is good, but I'm most thankful your BW didn't get hurt. I know, I'm shallow.
He said his brakes failed, but what I suspect is that he just failed at braking. They seemed to work once the cops showed up.
When the blackwing got rear ended, you can clearly see the woman on the phone in the SVR footage.

You always want to get some before a bad thing happens. We just went through this, too, with my wife's MDX we got in November. The winter storm that passed through around Christmas broke one of the exterior lights from the house and did some damage. It scratched through the clear coat and chipped the taillight lens. 🤬

Attachments

• PXL_20221229_184316284.jpg
    PXL_20221229_184316284.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 53
View attachment 15937
View attachment 15938

Fast forward 3 weeks to this Tuesday
View attachment 15939
View attachment 15940
View attachment 15941

The guy in the 98 Plymouth voyager (with no insurance, and whose address is a motel) sideswiped me, then wedged himself between the two cars ahead of me. My new truck now has an estimate of over 10k in damage and is going to need to have the bedside replaced. I have 1300 miles on it and haven’t even made a payment yet. 😥

I know it’s not blackwing related but it makes me sad and I thought I would share.
Oh damn, sorry about this brother!!!

@burn813 I am sorry to hear/see that. Add this to the doink your BW got and it's true your karma must be paying for something from a past life.

Now while you may have been a terrible person in a past life, I am a terrible person in this life. Evidence: just last night in a parking lot I backed my 4BW into the protruding hitch of a pickup truck parked in the space behind me. 110% my fault, the reason it happened is that I was not expecting something to be a full 24" into my parking space, and I was looking at the cart corral to my right, and hadn't even checked the rear camera yet.

Fortunately the damage is limited to a slight wrinkle in the lower part of the bumper and a mark on the black valance. But damage is damage, and stupid is as stupid does. FML! :hb

01b5ce569cc4030b6174dbe8f78a679e5a8ac83ed4.jpg

@burn813 I am sorry to hear/see that. Add this to the doink your BW got and it's true your karma must be paying for something from a past life.

Now while you may have been a terrible person in a past life, I am a terrible person in this life. Evidence: just last night in a parking lot I backed my 4BW into the protruding hitch of a pickup truck parked in the space behind me. 110% my fault, the reason it happened is that I was not expecting something to be a full 24" into my parking space, and I was looking at the cart corral to my right, and hadn't even checked the rear camera yet.

Fortunately the damage is limited to a slight wrinkle in the lower part of the bumper and a mark on the black valance. But damage is damage, and stupid is as stupid does. FML! :hb

View attachment 15947
My boss backed into my previous ATS with a hitch like that. Cost him $2k to make it whole again.

View attachment 15947

I do not like people who drive around with the hitch ball in at all times.

View attachment 15947
Terrible person, no, asshole maybe..... I kid, please don't go postal on me! I just except I'm a jerk, A-hole, punk, idiot, and so on..... Hahahahahahahaha, just kidding....... :cool:

Fast forward 3 weeks to this

NOOOOOOO!!!! So sorry for the trouble. Totally sucks, but of course glad you are OK.

I do not like people who drive around with the hitch ball in at all times.
I don’t leave mine on for long with my Jeep. Mainly because I forget it’s there and bang my leg into it, which hurts like hell.

When I lived in LA I would leave it on my truck because people parallel park by playing bumper cars. My poor Audi got really abused. So I would say maybe other people leave their hitch on to deter assholes. So really maybe you’re blaming the wrong cause.

This sucks goats balls but at least NO one got hurt!
I'm not a nice person. The person in the POS Voyager should have been hurt; one way or another....

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back