Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V High pitched sound from engine when pulling into garage

CT5-V Model

Ergoc5

Seasoned Member
My wife told me she heard a high pitched whine from the engine bay when I was pulling into my garage....I could not hear it from inside the car though. However, I did hear it from outside the car when my detailer pulled it into the shop (like a weird high pitched whine from the engine bay). Anyone have this or heard it before?

My wife told me she heard a high pitched whine from the engine bay when I was pulling into my garage....I could not hear it from inside the car though. However, I did hear it from outside the car when my detailer pulled it into the shop (like a weird high pitched whine from the engine bay). Anyone have this or heard it before?
@burn813 had to have his supercharger replaced..... I'm no expert but you may have a SC going bad on you...

Could be any number of things, from simple to complex.

Have to check it out...car at detailer for ppf on CF bits and install
Can you get the missus or detailer to video a short clip and then you could post it?
Obviously if it's a proper thing you want a dealer to look at it, but folks on here could sense check it first.

See if it makes a noise just rolling without the engine running. I had a small rock between the backing plate and the rotor that I was convinced was my diff gone bad.

you sure its not the fans running, they can get pretty loud.
Our fan seems to be running every time we pull the car into the garage! It's not like we took it on a long drive or it was excessively hot outside or we were running the AC - none of that. Is it "normal" to have the fan running every time we drive the car? Not running when we cold start the car - but always running when we get home from wherever we went. Fan stops running as soon as we turn the car off.

Our fan seems to be running every time we pull the car into the garage! It's not like we took it on a long drive or it was excessively hot outside or we were running the AC - none of that. Is it "normal" to have the fan running every time we drive the car? Not running when we cold start the car - but always running when we get home from wherever we went. Fan stops running as soon as we turn the car off.
normal

See if it makes a noise just rolling without the engine running. I had a small rock between the backing plate and the rotor that I was convinced was my diff gone bad.
Oh remember this one good, the white hair on a portion of my head is living proof! LOL that was a good time.

You’re the best @Mirza - glad to see you’re still here on the forum.
@Mirza Grebovic - Thank you for giving a thumbs up on the "Normal" answer to my question. The fans are so loud when you are outside the car - however we don't even hear them inside while riding/driving!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back