Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Got my Escalade V yesterday!

quikag

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 Escalade V, 2022 CT5-V Blackwing
Pretty amazing machine. It's excessive and it's ridiculous and it's awesome fun.
biggrin.gif
Definitely GM/Ford/Dodge, etc. going out with a literal bang with these crazy supercharged V8 cars before the full onslaught of electric toasters.

Engine is very strong obviously with 682hp rated (probably makes more under normal conditions), I can hear a bit of blower whine inside the vehicle compared to the Blackwing which has no interior blower whine. Blower is larger in the Escalade (they use a 2.65 liter blower versus the 1.7 in the Blackwing).

Magnetic Suspension with air ride is calibrated extremely well. Very compliant and smooth, but somehow doesn't roll over in corners and feels extremely stable, but comfy, rolling down the road. When the exhaust is in tour mode, you can definitely hear and know it's not a regular Escalade. In sport mode, it's downright insane for a stock exhaust. The pops on decel are borderline embarrassing with how many there are. Like dozens on a long decel. The exhaust sound under hard acceleration in sport mode is extremely noticeable to any vehicles within 50-100 feet beside or behind you. Truly crazy fun. Brakes are large pizza sizes and has no problem shedding the prodigious speed this thing makes.

36 speaker AKG sound system, multi-mode massage seats, night vision, augmented reality navigation (overlays arrows on a real-time image of the road in front of you), etc. are all super cool. Rear entertainment with required 3 year Onstar (new initiative by GM) plan will let you watch a bunch of shows on different apps, etc. while listening on the AKG wireless headphones, etc. Super luxury for sure and the nicest vehicle I've ever owned by far.
6.jpg
1.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
5.jpg

I know there's going to be some upset peeps still waiting for a 2022 BW lol

Congrats! Looks great! Camera display in the gauge cluster is freaking sweet

Well, I like all the fancy bells and whistles, but it's too expensive for me . . . especially since my DDHC will outperform it in every category, except for fanciness . . . I would buy one if it could keep up with the DDHC and was priced more reasonably though . . .
I am a former GM employee, and had a 2017 Z06 2Z, but this vehicle is not eligible for the Employee Discount, and configured the way I would want it, would be $155K, plus TTL . . . well out of my reach

Last edited:
Well, I like all the fancy bells and whistles, but it's too expensive for me . . . especially since my DDHC will outperform it in every category, except for fanciness . . . I would buy one if it could keep up with the DDHC and was priced more reasonably though . . .
I am a former GM employee, and had a 2017 Z06 2Z, but this vehicle is not eligible for the Employee Discount, and configured the way I would want it, would be $155K, plus TTL . . . well out of my reach
It’s expensive and it’s not as fast as a Hellcat, but it’s current market value significantly exceeds the MSRP. So, I’m not too worried about taking a bath when I sell it a long while down the road and I get to enjoy it while I own it. It was an easy decision for me. It’s an awesome fun and comfy machine.

Pretty amazing machine. It's excessive and it's ridiculous and it's awesome fun.
biggrin.gif
Definitely GM/Ford/Dodge, etc. going out with a literal bang with these crazy supercharged V8 cars before the full onslaught of electric toasters.

Engine is very strong obviously with 682hp rated (probably makes more under normal conditions), I can hear a bit of blower whine inside the vehicle compared to the Blackwing which has no interior blower whine. Blower is larger in the Escalade (they use a 2.65 liter blower versus the 1.7 in the Blackwing).

Magnetic Suspension with air ride is calibrated extremely well. Very compliant and smooth, but somehow doesn't roll over in corners and feels extremely stable, but comfy, rolling down the road. When the exhaust is in tour mode, you can definitely hear and know it's not a regular Escalade. In sport mode, it's downright insane for a stock exhaust. The pops on decel are borderline embarrassing with how many there are. Like dozens on a long decel. The exhaust sound under hard acceleration in sport mode is extremely noticeable to any vehicles within 50-100 feet beside or behind you. Truly crazy fun. Brakes are large pizza sizes and has no problem shedding the prodigious speed this thing makes.

36 speaker AKG sound system, multi-mode massage seats, night vision, augmented reality navigation (overlays arrows on a real-time image of the road in front of you), etc. are all super cool. Rear entertainment with required 3 year Onstar (new initiative by GM) plan will let you watch a bunch of shows on different apps, etc. while listening on the AKG wireless headphones, etc. Super luxury for sure and the nicest vehicle I've ever owned by far.View attachment 11692View attachment 11693View attachment 11694View attachment 11695View attachment 11696
Damn, it gets better MPG than my 5 Blackwing.

Congrats on your truck!!
Mine should be coming in any day now, and I have a couple of questions has you have had some time with it.
Are you able to start it (cold) in stealth mode? How loud is in stealth mode? It will be our family car and I want to make sure that I don't wake them up if they are sleeping, but still have it be fun for me. Thanks for the input!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back