Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Got a Genesis G70 3.3TT Rental this week...

FrankRizzo

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT4V-BW
A long time ago, I was comparing it to getting a 4BW and decided that 375HP would not be enough and would be bored and dropped the idea. Lo and behold there is one in the "Executive Isle" at National in a midwest town I was visiting, so I grabbed it. No regrets on passing on the Genesis, but I gotta say it is fun. Figured out how to defeat the traction control (hold down the stability control tor 5 seconds).

Car has 1400 miles and needs new rear tires ;shrug. They just check the gas when you return it...

This might have not really have happened....

A long time ago, I was comparing it to getting a 4BW and decided that 375HP would not be enough and would be bored and dropped the idea. Lo and behold there is one in the "Executive Isle" at National in a midwest town I was visiting, so I grabbed it. No regrets on passing on the Genesis, but I gotta say it is fun. Figured out how to defeat the traction control (hold down the stability control tor 5 seconds).

Car has 1400 miles and needs new rear tires ;shrug. They just check the gas when you return it...

This might have not really have happened....
All hypothetical of course😉😇

If it wasn't for the tiny backseat behind me (I've got kids).I would have most definitely picked this up instead of my s6

I thought about this car as well but the lack of a full digital dash kinda turned me off. I will agree it was still pretty fun and tbh the interior felt slightly more premium especially in the back seat area but it just doesn't compare as an overall package.

I thought about this car as well but the lack of a full digital dash kinda turned me off. I will agree it was still pretty fun and tbh the interior felt slightly more premium especially in the back seat area but it just doesn't compare as an overall package.
... for me that was over 3 years ago... and I still stand by that with regards to my too buttoned up/lack of personality s6.

No comparison to my 5bw now. 😈

...but Hyundai/Kia...you don't know which they are going to do - blow up or catch fire. 😐

I feel the genesis line is much improved... dare I say "This isn't your father's Oldsmobile"?🤔🫣😇

... but still don't hold their value for 💩

I owned one for a few months before my BW arrived. It was a fun car. Well worth the cost. Quick and handled well. Interior was top notch.
Ours did have a trans leak that took the dealer a few weeks to repair.

Right before we bought it we were told all Hyundai dealers would service the Genesis. Then after we bought it learned that wasnt true. PITA as the nearest dealer was 80 miles away.

Great car, piss poor service. Genesis advertises:
Your new Genesis comes with a complimentary three-year subscription to Service Valet. That means never dropping off, picking up or wasting time. With Service Valet, you can schedule service online or via the mobile app and have your vehicle picked up wherever and whenever you choose.

I'm here to tell you it is a flat out lie and doesnt exist at most dealerships.

I owned one for a few months before my BW arrived. It was a fun car. Well worth the cost. Quick and handled well. Interior was top notch.
Ours did have a trans leak that took the dealer a few weeks to repair.

Right before we bought it we were told all Hyundai dealers would service the Genesis. Then after we bought it learned that wasnt true. PITA as the nearest dealer was 80 miles away.

Great car, piss poor service. Genesis advertises:
Your new Genesis comes with a complimentary three-year subscription to Service Valet. That means never dropping off, picking up or wasting time. With Service Valet, you can schedule service online or via the mobile app and have your vehicle picked up wherever and whenever you choose.

I'm here to tell you it is a flat out lie and doesnt exist at most dealerships.
That sucks. I do have a Genesis and Hyundai dealership within 10 minutes of me , not like it matters now though.

...but Hyundai/Kia...you don't know which they are going to do - blow up or catch fire. 😐
To be fair my wife's 2013 Kia Koup literally had 0 issues in 9 years with 100k miles. We got her the new Sorento and so far it's been amazing. They really have stepped up in terms of interior quality and looks. Got her the 10 year bumper to bumper extended warranty so it won't matter if it has any engine issues but tbh I doubt it will. They don't make anything that compares to the blackwings so I wouldn't buy one but I do think they are a solid manufacturer these days.

... for me that was over 3 years ago... and I still stand by that with regards to my too buttoned up/lack of personality s6.

No comparison to my 5bw now. 😈
Yeah it doesn't compare to my 4bw it's not even in the same league as the 5 lol.

The G70 was on my short list along with the Stinger (RIP) before I decided I needed a manual.

To be fair my wife's 2013 Kia Koup literally had 0 issues in 9 years with 100k miles. We got her the new Sorento and so far it's been amazing. They really have stepped up in terms of interior quality and looks. Got her the 10 year bumper to bumper extended warranty so it won't matter if it has any engine issues but tbh I doubt it will. They don't make anything that compares to the blackwings so I wouldn't buy one but I do think they are a solid manufacturer these days.
Glad you have had good results, but, I saw too many come into the shop where I used to work with major issues. With all the recalls and having to extend warranties I can't concur on "solid". MHO and YRMV.

Glad you have had good results, but, I saw too many come into the shop where I used to work with major issues. With all the recalls and having to extend warranties I can't concur on "solid". MHO and YRMV.
I hear ya. Maybe we got lucky. I'd still have one over a BMW or Mercades lol.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back